A big hello to everyone

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Hi guys - I figured that since this project is definitely "going up a level" from anything I have done before that maybe I should "raise" my user name too! (There is a weather-related joke in there somewhere for those of you who know my old user name and remember your old grade school cloud names! :)

I've been keeping fish off and on for over 25 years now, started as a teenager in Vancouver. Worked at what was once the biggest aquarium store in western Canada - Main Aquarium. They went out of business years ago when the owner retired, but in their heyday had over 300 tanks. I'll never forget the day a shipment of Asian arows arrived there in the early 1980's. I was so fascinated by them! It is a fascination that has stuck...

I've kept and raised a couple nice quality HBRTG's so far (one Xienleng, one Panda); along with Yuppa I had the adventure of doing a gill curl operation a few years back (it was a success). Besides writing the odd article about Asian arowana, I've enjoyed importing them to Canada in group buys. I am looking to get out of this activity soon though, as I have pretty much achieved what it is I am after. In a couple months I will be spending some time in Singapore and plan to hand-pick a mini collection of quality fish. Nothing too crazy, probably looking at an HBRTG based aro community tank coming up (as opposed to Xbacks and SR's).

I look forward to learning from others on this board and to sharing what knowledge I have picked up along the way.

:)

I will add a link to a new article soon about a recent Aquarium I have had...

homebrewed

Super Moderator
Sounds like a great trip is on the way.

I'll definatly need to go out that way one day and tour an aro farm

protoxeno

Oh thats cool cirrus, are you going to singapore along with Theo? If your looking for some nice collection, go for a xbelly, where its actually an xback but has black or deep blue cores with gold rims thats all around even to the belly.