What other hobbies do you guys have?

homebrewed

Super Moderator
I've got quite a few hobbies. All of which I some how get neck deep into.
Canoeing, Backcountry tripping, Cooking, Skateboarding, Snowboarding, and making interesting things out of concrete (counter tops, tables, faux rocks)

Anyways, just a couple shots from my favorite hobby

Try and find your way down this old voyaguer trail. It was 2km long and if you weren't looking directly down you would lose your way.
portagetrail.jpg

Longest and tallest falls in Manitoba. 25m elevation
wekuskofalls.jpg

300km from any civilization... beautiful, calm, quite. Something breath taking to watch while eating dinner
atnight.jpg

This pictograph apparently dates back 2000 years
bisonpicto.jpg

homebrewed

Super Moderator
And just a few more of what I camp in. I'll never use a tent if I don't have to ever again.

hammockfalls.jpg
fallingforest.jpg

islandhammock.jpg

this is one of my favorite shots because this was in november of 2005. the next day was -10c. the lake had frozen over slightly and all the rivers had 2 inches of ice. we broke our paddles trying to get thru the river. ended up having to portage thru the forest for 7km. it was worth it for this shot
sunsetongrass.jpg

homebrewed

Super Moderator
In total it weighs 4.1lb's (including rain fly) and folds down and fits into a 6"x4"x4" pouch. No rocks or roots finding their way into your back in the middle of the night, wind rocks you to sleep, and the "no-see-um" mesh on the top keeps the bugs out as well as lets you wake up to some beautiful scenes. The only slight problem I have with it, is trying to slide into the sleeping back. You slip into the hammock thru a velcro slit at the foot end and then you have to wiggle your way into your bag. Aside from that, its the best thing in my line up of gear. :)

homebrewed

Super Moderator
Ever been to the westcoast? For a guy like you, you would love the outdoor life here.

Unfortunatly I haven;t. My sister lives in Quesnel BC (close to Prince George) and I haven't had an oppertunity to check out the back country there.

Mclass, awesome. I'd love to do some fly fishing out there and catch some tastey salmon

Cirrus, thats insane. I used to put on about 5000km a year when I was a kid, but since I detroyed my bike, I haven't gone in quite some time. I'm always meaning to start up again, but other things keep me distracted

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Small world! I lived in Quesnel for a year growing up, way out past Bouchie Lake, off Nazko road, on 150 acre farm. I remember taking my cousin's 100 cc motorbike on some loooong trips off into Crown land...fun time.

homebrewed

Super Moderator
I've only seen pictures from out there (Quesnel). I'm kicking myself for not going out west and checking out the land. My sister and her husband are moving back here next month. :(

Wicked country up there, I grew up in William's Lake. You can go for miles and miles upon many more miles on crown land. As a kid growing up there you almost needed to have a dirt bike to keep yourself occupied. BTW my folks live on Hydraulic Rd out past Dragon Lake. Huge trophey trout in that lake but told don't taste to good unless early or late in the year as the lake is very shallow, very popular spot with the Americans

frozen-fire

I am also a hardcore fisherman!
Just hung up the rods as teh season came to an end. Just got back into salmon fishing this year. Ended up with 2 nice female chinooks caught from casting spoons off the piers at rivermouths.
Also into hiking and camping here in Ontario as well.

Anyone here into keeping reptiles?

homebrewed

Super Moderator
Man, I'd love to fish for some salmon

I used to have a decent herp collection. Lots of corn snakes, ball pythons, bred tangerine leopard geckos and bearded dragons.

Not into them myself but know some serious fanatics, here are a couple of pics of my buddy's amethystine python's, the male is 14' and the female is 12'. The first pic is of the male(check those head plates, gorgeous man) he was in the middle of a molt so not looking his best. I also know a guy who is a serious breeder his warehouse which is attached to his house is 70'x30' and house's roughly 1000 snakes mainly different morphs of python's and boa's. He has the big bermese python that was in the movie Snakes on a Plane she weighs in at I think 260lbs and is 20' long

Attachments

• P9080109.JPG
    P9080109.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 20
  • P9080102.JPG
    P9080102.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 14

Max Power

Here is my hobby other than aquariums. They are poison dart frogs, they make for a great hobby.

Dendrobates Tinctorius
HPIM1768.jpg

HPIM1917.jpg

Dendrobates imitator "Intermedius" (TINY!!!)
HPIM1528.jpg

HPIM1483.jpg

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Wow! Those dart frogs are awesome! I am in!

You know what is hilarious? Nico in Holland of www.freshwaterstingray.nl told me that the hard core aro and ray keepers in Europe are also into...you guessed it...DART FROGS!

You can expect to hear from me in the future! :D

jackson

I keep lots of turtles. I really love them and I always have my eyes open for more. I have 10 turtles now and 10 tortoises.