Is Arowana keeping a guy thing...

EKen

Super Moderator
Not to be macho, but when was the last time you saw a hot chick keeping an aro. How come girls don't like arowanas.

ninjaturtle

the majority of girls simply have no interest in fish keeping.. they're more about the cute little puppy, there are exceptions tho. n its the same way guys dont like to collect thongs or lingerie... well.. for most of us anyway lol

kootenayrays

sorry....

to burst your bubble hehe. Not all fish freaks are guys. Gee just when you
thought you were safe :p That's ok fellas, I've worked in a man's world
all my life, women few and far between, I'm used to it lol.

ninjaturtle

to burst your bubble hehe. Not all fish freaks are guys. Gee just when you
thought you were safe :p That's ok fellas, I've worked in a man's world
all my life, women few and far between, I'm used to it lol.

hahah thats why i said "with exceptions" ... trust me, i know there are men who lives in a woman's world =P

EKen

Super Moderator
the majority of girls simply have no interest in fish keeping.. they're more about the cute little puppy, there are exceptions tho. n its the same way guys dont like to collect thongs or lingerie... well.. for most of us anyway lol

Very true, my girflriend has 2 puppies and I have 2 aros. And she likes thongs...but so do I :D

kootenayrays

My wife loves Asian Aros...some girls do

The first time I saw an aro stalk a customer walking by its tank, I just
knew I'd get a kick out of having some myself. Besides, I can always
threaten my kids "if you don't eat your dinner you can be the fishies
next meal", and they are still not sure whether or not to believe me:p

jackson

My girlfriend hates when I talk about my fish LOL She really likes my fish when I dont talk about them LOL

We have 2 Chihuahua's ( I dont know if that is spelt right ) she only cares about them. Oh and how do I look I hear that all the time LOL

EKen

Super Moderator
My girlfriend always complain about how I love my fish more than her. Which is totally not true... I love them equally. :rolleyes:

My gf completely supports my hobby and even has her own brackish setup, mind ya I do all the maintenence with it LOL. I know on our local forum at BCA there are quite a few women on there. I find women seem to be more into the community tanks or planted tanks than the predator setups.

Dragonguy

If you live in asia you'll find some girls or old ladies that are keeping aros. They are even more experience than me. My great grandmother is actually an arowana addict. She still kept aros till today except she doesn't do the maintenance of the pond anymore. She let my dad do the maintenance. She would do it if she is still strong enough to go inside the pond. Shes the who got me into owning an arowana. I got my first arowana from her. She gave it to me in my 11th birthday. To bad I have to left it behind because I move here in Canada.

EKen

Super Moderator
Your great grandmother is one cool lady. If my grandmother knew that I spent that amount of money on a fish, she would beat the crap out of me and would remind me of how we were poor back in the days in my home land...