Fluval fx5

m_class2g

Sponsor
planning on getting this filter. ive always had fluval 404 and 405s. just wondering how this filter performs. any feedback, please leave them here. thanks!!

carcrazy

I had the Fluval 404 and I switched to Rena XP3's. I find the Rena's prime easier and they attach to the rim of the tank more securely. They also do a good job filtering. I also have an XP4 which works well.

h.l_nathan

while you are still wondering if you should get the fluval
just check out the NU-CLEAR filter well to me i think its the best out there if you can find a big and quiet pump to go along with it.

Arodynamic

Pricewise its a good value filter with a high turnover. I have one FX5 and 2 pro 3s. The Eheims just run and run whereas the Flu died a couple of times. had to wash the impeller out and it was OK after that. What actually happened is that the ceramic rings disintegrated after a while and bits of sand got lodged in the impeller well causing it to grind to a halt. In short the Flu needs more frequent servicing than the Eheims, ones a Fiat, the others a Mercedes

h.l_nathan

rulaifu you should look up the Nu-Clear filter i know how lazy you are when it come to maintaining your tank. you can run about a year without service on this filter...

wawawa3

Pricewise its a good value filter with a high turnover. I have one FX5 and 2 pro 3s. The Eheims just run and run whereas the Flu died a couple of times. had to wash the impeller out and it was OK after that. What actually happened is that the ceramic rings disintegrated after a while and bits of sand got lodged in the impeller well causing it to grind to a halt. In short the Flu needs more frequent servicing than the Eheims, ones a Fiat, the others a Mercedes

Could you explain more detail how to maintaince the FX5? i'm currently using it as my primary filtration. i guess good thing is i don't have any gravel/sands in my tank but i worry it could dead 1 day. i rather safer do the maintaince properly instead of the motor die in sometime.