What would you rather have?

T1KARMANN

I am going with a PGS community tank based on what Mr.Kan said to me. He told met that in his opinion the Panda Gold Supreme is the most under-rated fish on the market today in terms of value for money. It is made by crossing Panda Gold Xbacks with RTG's/HBRTG's, again and again. Over time this hybrid has become closer and closer to being an Xback. In fact, some fish actually go on to cross over and become full Xbacks. Some unscrupulous traders actually buy the PGS fish from Panda and pass them off as Xbacks under their own name!

For my first attempt at an Asian arowana community tank I think I am making the right choice. Maybe one day I will move on up the chain so to speak... :D

at the end of the day its still a RTG what ever name you give it :D

its all very well saying this PGS looks like a xback but at the end of the day its not a xback its a RTG they are a diffrint fish from a diffrent location

their is more to a aro than just shine level RTG or xback have more spines on the dorsal fin i cant remember which is which but they are diffrent

a RTG will never get full pearls around the dorsal fin no matter how good it is

a RTG has much less gold intensaty than a xback

their is a good reason RTG are much cheaper than xback

if its the look of a xback you want in a RTG then surely its the xback you want isnt it :confused:

Kenta

Administrator
My next tank will be a single arowana, as high grade as i can get... I'm too lazy for an arowana comm tank

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
at the end of the day its still a RTG what ever name you give it :D

its all very well saying this PGS looks like a xback but at the end of the day its not a xback its a RTG they are a diffrint fish from a diffrent location

their is more to a aro than just shine level RTG or xback have more spines on the dorsal fin i cant remember which is which but they are diffrent

a RTG will never get full pearls around the dorsal fin no matter how good it is

their is a good reason RTG are much cheaper than xback

if its the look of a xback you want in a RTG then surely its the xback you want isnt it :confused:

I plead guilty as charged Richard! Yup, I agree with you for every statement above. However, I (hope) I have time to move on up the scale over time to try different coms. Keep in mind you have far more Asia aro keeping experience than me; my comfort level right now is with the PGS com...I honestly think I might have trouble sleeping at night if I had a 9 Xback com...you know, I'd keep tip-toeing down to make sure the friggin heater was working, that sort of thing! :D

arl

I don't agree with you. I have all my golden heads mixed and I see no broken fins and scales. They are just in perfect condition. Though I can not guarantee it will never happen in future, but I have confidence on keeping them nice as long as I feed them good.

That's good to know. My RTG's use to have atleast 1 missing scales each, at worst 4. They're close to 2 yrs now and they don't fight as much. How mny pieces do you have and how old are they now? Were they comm'd since small. REad somewhere that if they're crammed there will be less fightng

arl

I don't fully agree with this one. You can find quite a few RTG's there that can outshine an X-back. My RTG's has a lot more gold intensity than my BMB x-back at that same age. Although I only had my x-back for a year but at that age my RTG has more intense gold.

T1KARMANN

I don't fully agree with this one. You can find quite a few RTG's there that can outshine an X-back. My RTG's has a lot more gold intensity than my BMB x-back at that same age. Although I only had my x-back for a year but at that age my RTG has more intense gold.

I have a HBRTG in my comm and it just cant compair to my xbacks :D

dont get me wrong RTG are a very nice fish in their own right they are a great value for money aro my 2nd aro was a RTG which i grew from 6inch to 22inch and when i had the chance to get a xback after 2yrs of keeping the RTG it was a hard choice to sell the RTG

You get good aros and bad aros of any type

arl

Sorry I agree with T1, and I don't agree with you.

NNOOOO!!! NOT AGAIN!!!:D Just kidding :D That's fine, I am sure you have a valid, good reason for not agreeing. Actually a lot of aro keepers wouldn't agree with me. But there are just many low end x-back out there that a high end rtg will have a better gold intensity. I have read a few post of rtg's looking better than their x-backs. Another thing I guess will be your definition of INTENSITY. The way look at it, intensity will be in a way darker making it more towards copper, which is classic RTG color. But then again it is dull unlike x-back gold shine. Just my opinion.

arl

I have a HBRTG in my comm and it just cant compair to my xbacks :D

dont get me wrong RTG are a very nice fish in their own right they are a great value for money aro my 2nd aro was a RTG which i grew from 6inch to 22inch and when i had the chance to get a xback after 2yrs of keeping the RTG it was a hard choice to sell the RTG

You get good aros and bad aros of any type

I admit a high quality RTG can never have more intensity than a high end x-back. But there will be lower end x-back that will not have an intnse gold as a good quality RTG. BY the way 22" growth in 2 years is impressive I don't think my biggest RTG will hit that length in 2 years, but then again my aros were in a bad condition for a few months while I was building my tank.

arl

CIRRUS YOU DON"T WANT AN XBACK COMM....... DON"T LISTEN TO THEM....

I plead guilty as charged Richard! Yup, I agree with you for every statement above. However, I (hope) I have time to move on up the scale over time to try different coms. Keep in mind you have far more Asia aro keeping experience than me; my comfort level right now is with the PGS com...I honestly think I might have trouble sleeping at night if I had a 9 Xback com...you know, I'd keep tip-toeing down to make sure the friggin heater was working, that sort of thing! :D

arl

Just want to be sure cirrus doesn't change his mind and decides to abort this last group order till next year so he can save some money first for an X-back comm :D after all he's the major costumer this time around.

CIRRUS YOU DON"T WANT AN XBACK COMM....... DON"T LISTEN TO THEM....

T1KARMANN

RTG = nice fish
XBACK = nice fish

it all depends how much money you want to spend :D

is it worth spending the extra money to get a xback not really IMO

it all depends how much of a hardcore aro keeper you are