Siamese Tiger 3 inches + $40

spotted gar 6 inches + $35

both for $70

st 002.jpg

st 003.jpg

gar.jpg

Last edited:

jackson

I still dont know where you are LOL. No need to be sorry we all make mistakes.

Edit~Forget it now I looked and see that you are in BC. Sorry.

If you want post a pic and I can tell you what type it is or PM it to me.

Thank you very much

EKen

Super Moderator
Most "asian" forums would call it Indonesian Tiger. The name "Siamese Tiger" is used by "white" pet shops because they do not know better. Now somebody should post the Datnoids Identification Poster soon...

lamsimon

i bought my friends frt and i didn't know if they where ok together at the size they r in right now , but they seem to be ok with the frt, i think im going to keep them for now , sorry guys

jackson

Most "asian" forums would call it Indonesian Tiger. The name "Siamese Tiger" is used by "white" pet shops because they do not know better. Now somebody should post the Datnoids Identification Poster soon...

This cooment is 100% wrong. It is the Asian shops and hobbiest that come up with names like CT tigers and so on. Siamese Tiger is the common name for the fish. Indo Nt and so on is the type of Datnoid.

I dont think yours is for sure an Indo it could be a Pulcher from different waters. This whole wide bar thing is way out of hand. Not all Pulcher have 3 bars on each side and the 2 tail stripes. This fish could be what is called a CT Cambodian Tiger which are in many's opinion Pulcher's other think they are Microlepis.

EKen

Super Moderator
Sorry if I am wrong. But why would all species be called "Siamese" Tiger if they do not come from Thailand, as Siam was the ancient name of Thailand.

Here is a poster taken from another website to "clarify" things up:
http://www.fishyou.com/fish-tiger.php

Last edited:

jackson

Like I said it is the common name people used for most types of Datnoids. More for the ones from Asia. This link was writen after people started to identify the fish by where they were from. They were once all called siamese tiger or tiger fish.

I dont find this link to be useful at all. Only the picture guide is helpful. The writen part on how to ID is old and outdated.

EKen

Super Moderator
"True" STs (as now I don't know how to call them anymore) are about 3 or 4 times higher price than Indonesian Tigers, if you can find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.