Need Help with my sump and auto dripper

brian

Ok, so my sump is all setup, and i am ready to install my auto dripper.....however i just noticed the hole that was drilled(sump) to take out the extra water in my sump is a little to high......... in the picture the red area is my kaldness k1 media...... im afraid when water auto drips in, the water level gets too high and then kaldness will go into the last baffle...

In saying that, i was wondering what the best way to take water out of the sump using an automation whether it be a sump pump with a float ($70 at homedepot) or a pvc hang on back overflow...... i really dont want to take apart my sump and get some one to drill another hole.....

i guess im looking for something that would be very reliable.....

Im new to this so any input would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks guys!!

Attachments

• sump k1.jpg
    sump k1.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 719

brian

Would love to but I don't know how to drill....and can it be drilled without being emptied?

any other alternative ideas?

Joey

I have drilled tanks that had water in them. Its not as dangerous as it sounds. Worse case scenario, drain the tank and drill it.

It takes 60 seconds or less depending on thickness. The hole saw will cost you less than $10 and you can get them on Ebay or almost any online retailer.

If you have ever drilled a hole in anything, you can drill a hole in a tank.

Your other option is to turn it into a different style of overflow. Essentially, a PVC overflow, but the top loop is drilled into the tank like you already have.

To insure the K1 doesnt flow over, simply rig a mesh net above the K1 chamber so it cant get out, but water can flow threw.

brian

Is there a certain type of mesh net that is better for water and moisture? Any idea where to buy?

CanadaPleco

gotta move the hole man... if i can get down there on the weekend without the wife i'll drill it for you and help ya get it all setup... and well maybe if shes up to it will do for ya anyway, she does like rays :)

Give me a ring, we chat.

You don't need fancy float valves and what not. just a bulk head going to the drain. The water reaches that height and goes out. People get too involved and make way to complex then what is needed.