moving a monster gar

slednex11

helped a buddy move his gar outta his 1800 gallon tank back to his 900 gallon as the gar ate a 15" tem bass and keeps trying to eat the other bass, the gar is 35"

tman

Super Moderator
Nice and not surprising as gars do eat other fish!! Lots of big alligators for sale in Calgary,there was even a 3 footer for sale and some 2 footers. How are you going to move the gar and arapaima when they outgrow their tanks? Did you move the gar with a bag,net or container?

Last edited:

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I kept a gar a long time ago, but sold it before it got big. A forum member (King_El) once told me about Cuban gars being really good ones to get because they do not get bigger than a few feet. I think Oliver at www.belowwater.com was bringing them in at one time.

Neat photo, very dramatic!

slednex11

Hey Trevor , ya once the fish outgrow the tank , Brad will prolly just build another bigger tank in his shop ha ha , we got the gars head in the net and I just grabbed him with my hands with fishing gloves ha ha, he actually was very cooperative in my hands
Hey Tomuhs , I haven't fished for awhile , but at the lake my cottage is at has great fishing, nothing but walleye, healthy lake , and theirs a dam close to my home town that has a lots of perch;pike;wallet;trout and even bass , as theres a power plant residing there so the bass can survive our cold winters