Got the Goldhead WHOO

mr ry

here is my 90% percent gold head about 12hours after getting him....(had to charge camera :S)

Last edited:

mr ry

there we go

Attachments

• 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 883
  • 122.jpg
    122.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 859
  • 148.jpg
    148.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 839

mr ry

at the moment he is 8-9 inches (camera adds on a few pounds lol :) )
he is a very messy eater and only eats 3 pellets

mr ry

well after a 2 months of owning this gold bbxb here is a update of him:)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    115.2 KB · Views: 799
  • image[1].jpeg
    image[1].jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 807

tomuhs

Nice scales, shine and blue base. Love the swimming posture as well.

No offense but did crossing and GH fade??

mr ry

Ugh this is my first Aro I may have burnt the top o him a little bit my lighting is 2 18k lights and two 6500k lights.... So may be a little powerful.... I wanna do 2 actinic lights with my 18k ones.... And not offensive to me at all as this is my first Aro... Plus I kinda like the darker look...he does have a lot of gold on his face and the top too

Kyuss

Ugh this is my first Aro I may have burnt the top o him a little bit my lighting is 2 18k lights and two 6500k lights.... So may be a little powerful.... I wanna do 2 actinic lights with my 18k ones.... And not offensive to me at all as this is my first Aro... Plus I kinda like the darker look...he does have a lot of gold on his face and the top too

I've read that sometimes farms keep lights on for 24/7(tanning) to produce more gold color....not sure about the "burning" theory...just give it time...what make are those lights?

tomuhs

I like the dark look as well and it fits ur tank very well.

Here are some tips i was lucky to get from Mr. Chia regarding grooming GH.

"Do feed the Aro as much as they can eat during the first two years of their growth. But Becareful not choke them. This the time of size development... Not the time for colourisation. The third year... The gold will be more intense.

As for the gold head... I can still see some patches on the head... Not really clear Frm the photo angle... GH can be "re grow" if you use the right amount of light... Use t5 tube and 10k-12k kelvin light. For your tank.. Two row covering the length of the tank. 24 hr."