Favourite Aro Book?

frozen-fire

i've seen a couple...but they aren't in english, which really sucks.
anyone know of good ones written in english?

EKen

Super Moderator
Yes...I'd love to find one too that has useful informations on it, not only pictures. I mean those with pictures are great too, but sometimes I like to read. It makes me feel more intelligent.

rulaifu

Check on the internet is also a good way. However, I personally want to read the book with lots of nice pictures but less wording.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I am in Singapore in a month. I will set up a group buy for as many different books as I can find on the market.

I have a pretty decent Asian arowana library, about 6-7 books. They are all in storage in Canada now. I purchased most of them from Ebay retailers or else imported them from the publishers in S'pore.

Derek Goh came out with a great coffee table book a few years ago, lots of fantastic photos of fish farms and owner's set ups.

Boydo

I have a few the "Awakening of the dragon" has great pics and stories, the "Arowana World" is full of tips and techniques, "the millennium dragon is good aswell. They can be found on ebay most of the time. They are a little pricey but a most have for an arofanatic:).

Kenta

Administrator
"Awakening of the dragon" is a great book, provides a lot of graceful movement and artistic shots. The Indodragon books are also great providing shots from A LOT of different farms and some interesting poses!

Yuppa

Super Moderator
I have "awakening of the dragon" and "arowana world" - both english, as well as a couple paperbacks, and some japanese books on aro's..
awakening is my favorite so far.. lots of pictures, huge book..

arl

I have the "awakening of the dragon" and the Millenium dragon. I personally like the millenium dragon way more than the awakening. If you like looking at pictures the awakening will be better. Derek Goh was setting up an e-book a year ago don't know how it turned out. Its probably going to be a lot cheaper since there wouldn't be any printing involved.

DrBranDo

I have 3 books so far. They are:

Awakening on the Dragon. (2005)
Indo Dragon 1 (2006)
Indo Dragon 3 (2007)

My favourite is Awakening of the Dragon since the photos are nicer because of the print quality.

As for information, Awakening of the Dragon is a book on farms found in Singapore and therefore might be more interesting to some of you since in Canada, Aros come (used to come) mostly from QianHu,Wanhu, Panda and DFI. It also covers popular LFS in Singapore and some crazy hobbyists.

Indo Dragon as the name implies are farms from Indonesia. I have already read the first one and is a good reference if you plan to buy aros from there. The second and third one again cover more different farms from Indonesia. The format is fairly similar with part of the book allocated to LFS in Indonesia and some crazy hobbyists there (picture of one of my favourite common tank is found on this link)

http://www.indodragon.com/forum/f8/if-u-not-klik-u-will-regret-d-my-journey-bandung-city-2861/

In term of cost, I would recommend Awakening of the Dragon (C$80) as a start since the Indo Dragon costs over C$120 but then again someone who has a SR/XB and loves Aros can easily afford any of these books or have your wife/gf buy it for you as a Christmas/Birthday gift. :)

I believe the price difference in the 3 books I own was also because of when it was published. Might be a little off on the year I posted above.

Last edited:

Yuppa

Super Moderator
oh heads up to vancouver aro owners, Kind Ed's has a bunch of new aro books! their in chinese tho