Arowanaclub Canada  

Go Back   Arowanaclub Canada > Asian Arowana Related Chat > New to the hobby

Super Cricket

Old 03-01-2014, 12:12 PM   #11
h.l_nathan

try slicing prawns in 4 pcs and soak in a bit of garlic to get him interested in the strong smell and see if he would take it.
one of my aro went for almost a month until he gave in n ate food stick and prawns.
i stay away from sw or else it'll be really hard to train your aro to eat other things after.
hope that helps
h.l_nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 03:08 PM   #12
Diablored

Using crickets that are gut loaded with the pellets u intend to use is a good idea. Maybe some of the pellet taste will transfer to the cricket. I would not worry about it not eating, sure it would be awesome if it ate a pellet today. But I wouldn't worry untill u seen 2 weeks with no interest in food. Even then it's probably not that big of deal. Relax, enjoy your arowana, let it get use to you as well. IMO they can tell the diff between people. Get to know your new pet!
Diablored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 03:11 PM   #13
mitchb

I was in the same situation as yours a while ago, and followed the advise of the forum members. They were right about the market prawns as one day my aro just started eating it. I would say having your new aro eat might be one of the most exciting things about these fish, followed by its first full meal of pellets
mitchb is offline   Reply With Quote