cutting gill curl?

King-eL

I've used clove oil not just for surgery but also for moving big a$$ monster fish. Especially large catfish. You can just get clove oil from any pharmacies.

Crazyfish88

I've used clove oil not just for surgery but also for moving big a$$ monster fish. Especially large catfish. You can just get clove oil from any pharmacies.

Thanks for the info bro. Also do I have to cut the whole tail like how Joey did or can I just trim it to make it straight and it will grow back straight? My Aro is old and I worry if I cut it whole it won't grow back.

Realized I never gave an update to this. After trimming the gill curl the new growth as it was growing was looking a little curled but not very much. I weighed a few options in case it came back curled. After speaking to Nicolas at Dreamfish he said not to worry just to make sure there was good flow and to keep the arowana at a good warm temp and all would be fine. I did as he recommended and the gill has grown back perfectly as if there was never an issue. A big thanks to him for easing my worries and the helpful advice