Moving fish (aro and rays)

homebrewed

Super Moderator
I had to recently move all of my fish as my house was getting worked on (and destroyed). So I snapped a few pictures for above

Even from the top an asian arowana looks great

squirtabove-1.jpg

And my rays
Male
raymale.jpg

and females
rayfemale2.jpg

rayfemale1.jpg

Since the pictures I've been power feeding my rays and the males is bigger than the bottom of the pail he was in and his tail is thicker than my thumb. Its amazing how fast they grow when you put some extra effort into it.

homebrewed

Super Moderator

breeding the rays will be one of my main goals, one of the reasons I'm getting such a wide tank built. rumors keep floating around about motoros joining the ban on rays and around these parts, getting a small motoro has jumped from $100 to $200+ in alittle more than a year

ninjaturtle

yup i currently have a green too, cant really admire their coloration, so more emphasis put on their barbels, shape, and tail forsure.

homebrewed

Super Moderator
The more I look at mine the more color I can pull from their scales. Its alot less noticable thats for sure. At least they swim like an asain arow. Love the confidence

homebrewed

Super Moderator

I'm thinking of trading the large male in for a smaller one with more pattern. Plus he's really putting on more weight alot faster than the females.