600 Gal build

tomuhs

Hmm I had a LOT of help from Glamit moving etc; to assemble just me and another. More updates shortly!

tomuhs

So nice to see the progress. One day I will need to view this in person. You will really enjoy your 600 gallons.

TY Daryl. Too bad you won't to see it up and running with water when you visit; soon! Won't be as nice as your 500 G but i'm still super excited.

looking sweet buddy

Thx!! Appreciate all the help. Plumbing was fun and easy this time around haha...almost plug and play goodness.

Haf fun in Europe! Bring me home a wels cat!

Joey

Hmm I had a LOT of help from Glamit moving etc; to assemble just me and another. More updates shortly!

Glad to hear you had help!

If there was anything i would have changed with my build, it would have been to have someone help me!

tomuhs

Glad to hear you had help!

If there was anything i would have changed with my build, it would have been to have someone help me!

Ya no kidding always helps when you got friends to help. Think you'll find a DIY sidekick?

tomuhs

Holy bacterial bloom batman.

cyclet.jpg

Joey

Looks good!

gotta love creating a living system.

How are you doing your cycle? Looks like that might be a bottle of ammonia on the floor?

tomuhs

Looks good!

gotta love creating a living system.

How are you doing your cycle? Looks like that might be a bottle of ammonia on the floor?

Thanks Joey, means a lot coming from you! What's next for you?

Haha keen eye buddy, doing a fishless cycle. One of the downside of this closed loop system is that I can't really speed up the cycle by transferring over media from my sump. Supposedly the Ultima should cycle by 2 weeks; at this point i'm skeptical.

tomuhs

Hey bro! You back? How was the trip?

Waiting on you know who for the lids then ready to rock. Lmao.

glamit

Hey bro! You back? How was the trip?

Waiting on you know who for the lids then ready to rock. Lmao.

yah got back last week, trip was good but too tired and the trip was too long lol. tank must be cycled, super stoked for yah!! any new stock?

tomuhs

yah got back last week, trip was good but too tired and the trip was too long lol. tank must be cycled, super stoked for yah!! any new stock?

Thanks buddy. Glad your back; hope all your fish were ok while you were away. Yep just finished cycling on Monday; hope to have the lids by this weekend and fish in it next week. :D

yeah hurry up as we want to see things swimming :).

:D thanks man

Would love to see an update on your huge tank! Any development updates on your aros?

Joey

Thanks Joey, means a lot coming from you! What's next for you?

Haha keen eye buddy, doing a fishless cycle. One of the downside of this closed loop system is that I can't really speed up the cycle by transferring over media from my sump. Supposedly the Ultima should cycle by 2 weeks; at this point i'm skeptical.

Next for me? working on a discus rack right now.. have a few pairs im going to give a shot of breeding. Bored of it already. lol

Rince your used filter near the input of the intake... that will help speed things up. Will be messy, but only for a few hours.

tomuhs

Next for me? working on a discus rack right now.. have a few pairs im going to give a shot of breeding. Bored of it already. lol

Rince your used filter near the input of the intake... that will help speed things up. Will be messy, but only for a few hours.

Thanks for the tips! Yeah I washed out my old filter sponges and it seemed to help. Tank is cycled now just waiting on lids. Amazing how low these reactors keep nitrate. I was dosing 5ppm of ammonia for almost 2 weeks straight; nitrates are only at 40ppm. Not bad...

Nice love discus. People say they are so hard to breed but once u get a pair going, it's pretty simple once you get the water down. I'd be interested to hear how you intend to raise the little wrigglers. Please keep us posted!