Filter Media - Ceramic Biological Media / Bio Film Media - Available!!!

exoticaquaria

Filter Media - Ceramic Biological Media / Bio Film Media - Available!!!

Shipping Available!

We are pleased to offer:

1) Ceramic Biological Media
- in a large format for monster fish tank sumps. contains infra red properties. a very popular type of media used in Asia!!!

Each piece is about 7 inches by 1 3/4 inches.

Pricing:
18 pieces $125 approx $7 per piece
36 pieces $215 approx $6 per piece
72 pieces $360 approx $5 per piece

DSC_1410.jpg

2) Bio Film Media.
- Small size type with large surface area. This type of media is used in moving bed filters and is popular in Europe and getting more popular in Asia.

Each piece is 12mm x 8mm

Pricing: Due to size, will be measured in liters
$10 for 2 liters $5 per liter
$20 for 5 liters $4 per liter
$30 for 10 liters $3 per liter

DSC_1411.jpg

We have already pre-sold some of our shipment so act fast. You don't see this type of media here very often!!!

If you would like buy some, please email me below.
Email: [email protected]

Last edited:

exoticaquaria

Here is a sample of my sump. 1st compartment uses ceramic bio media and the 2nd will have bio film media. ill take a video once its operational.

in the meantime, here is a video that explains scienece behind bio film media. kaldness media.

DSC_1406.jpg

Juice604

i wonder would they work stuffed into my eheim 2280 , i just have it filled with bio chem stars right now ??

B.Tig

i wonder would they work stuffed into my eheim 2280 , i just have it filled with bio chem stars right now ??

Or you can just find out where you can get mini bacteria house which is pretty the same thing but in a smaller form. Maybe Mike can source them out for you.

Juice604

put me down for 10 litres of the bio media film ..

also does anyone know if i took the baskets out of a fx5 could i stuff a few of those ceramic bio media in there ? just a idea ??

Juice604

ok i picked up 30 litres of the bio film today , and i am super pleased with it !! i filled my eheim 2280 about 3/4 full and added a top layer of my seeded biochem stars .

here are a few pics
PB120102.jpg

PB120103.jpg

PB120104.jpg

PB120105.jpg

kookus

This is a reactor I made with the K1. Works great and has removed most of the nitrates/nitrites in the 20 gallon.

F8i

Small fyi: the kaldness is usually used in moving bed filters, like a sump. This will scrub off weaker bacteria, forcing strong and healthy bacteria to remain. It's shape gives it a large surface area for bacteria to grow, too! In a filter compartment, it was house a lot of bacteria because it's shape, but won't be as good in a moving bed. That being said, should be one of the best medias to use.

I use it, too! Haha.