I sold my male BD and now he has sired pups

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
A few months back I sold my male BD to someone who has a really nice female BD that was ready for breeding. The female was imported by Mike back when he was running Exoticaquaria. My male measures 18-20 inches across, and the female measures close to double that!

A video of my male before I sold him can be seen here:

I was a bit nervous that maybe the female could hurt the male if she decided she didn't like him. You can see a video of the two of them together here:

[ame]https://youtu.be/rOr8YLAWFSk[/ame]

So anyway, a few months pass and I get a text telling me that my old male did his job and that he is the father of three new pups. You can see photos of the pups in the attached photo.

If you watch both videos above, you will notice that both the male and female have great belly spotting. It will be interesting to see if that trait gets passed on to the pups as they grow up.

Attachments

• pups from my old BD male and a nice BD female.jpg
    pups from my old BD male and a nice BD female.jpg
    438.1 KB · Views: 603
Last edited:

exoticaquaria

Glad your male got the job done. I actually saw Andy at Main Aquarium a few weeks back and he told me his friend is expecting pups from the female BD i sold. On the contrary, he also mentioned the ST I sold his friend died from probably old age. At least he got some good news! Wonder if the male got the job done after birth.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I'd like to make a trek out to see these rays sometime. Maybe we could arrange to meet up at the same time. Will be in touch!