Jebao wp40 wavemaker

tman

Super Moderator
Well this is the best $75 I spent on a wavemaker. I picked up a pair of these from http://www.fish-street.com/. The wave maker has 12 modes and and the flow can be adjusted from the max flow of 3400 gph. It even has a sensor that slows down the flow at night.They will soon be releasing a wp60 which will be even a higher flow rate. I would suggest you guys give it a try if you are in the market for a new power head!! :)

tman

Super Moderator
Nice! He's spoiled lol

Any new tankmates with him?

I thought it would have him move around some more but no luck yet. Kind of scared to put him in any of the tanks after I seen how he went after the one ray I put with him for just a few minutes. I imagine the longer I wait the harder it will be.

exoticaquaria

I thought it would have him move around some more but no luck yet. Kind of scared to put him in any of the tanks after I seen how he went after the one ray I put with him for just a few minutes. I imagine the longer I wait the harder it will be.

Yup I think so. Longer you wait, the more territorial he will be. Perhaps try some larger/cheaper fish for the mean time.

The other goonch I sold locally is being kept with some big fish such as asian arowana, gar, pleco, catfish, and datnoids. The goonch defends his spot but hasn't gone for his tankmates yet.

tman

Super Moderator
After having these for a bit I am not so happy. I been through 2 wet sides and it looks as though one of the controllers are toast. I guess the say you get what you pay for applies.

On a side note anyone keeping stingrays with this type of power head watch out as the rays can move them around as they aren't fixed and can't be locked in a set position. You may come home to a power head pointing straight up and shooting water out of your tank. Lucky I came home to one pointing straight down and cleared the glass below of all the gravel substrate.