A fun filled trip with Nic and Calvin

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
The past few days were a lot of fun. As many of you know, Calvin from Toronto has begun importing Dreamfish Asian arowana. In the past I've encouraged Calvin to visit Nicolas Chia and his Dreamfish arowana farm in Singapore. I've also encouraged Calvin to promote Dreamfish sales in eastern Canada. Calvin is making great progress in this regard. Building on this progress, Calvin has launched a cross-Canada tour with Nic to try and drum up more business. I've had the pleasure to host Nic and Calvin at my home the past few days and to do some local sight seeing with them. I've introduced them to a few past customers of Dreamfish arowana, and - most fun of all - got to go sturgeon fishing with them :) Below are a few photos from the past few days...

Attachments

• nic and my poster.jpg
    nic and my poster.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 646
  • Customer's red and cert.jpg
    Customer's red and cert.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 632
  • A customer's Merlion Premium Red.jpg
    A customer's Merlion Premium Red.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 629
  • Customers com tank.jpg
    Customers com tank.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 638
  • calvin nic and sushi.jpg
    calvin nic and sushi.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 628
  • sushi.jpg
    sushi.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 587
Last edited:

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
And a few more photos...

Attachments

• fishing early morning.jpg
    fishing early morning.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 537
  • fishing early morning 2.jpg
    fishing early morning 2.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 548
  • fishing early morning 3.jpg
    fishing early morning 3.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 547
  • fishing early morning 4.jpg
    fishing early morning 4.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 534
  • sturgeon bait.jpg
    sturgeon bait.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 529
  • nic and sturgeon.jpg
    nic and sturgeon.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 572
  • sturgeon 2.jpg
    sturgeon 2.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 562
  • end of day.jpg
    end of day.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 528
  • post fishing.jpg
    post fishing.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 546
  • Taiwanese food.jpg
    Taiwanese food.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 527

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Yeah it was a good time. Nic and Calvin ended up taking a juvenile Panda XB with them on their three day HIKING trip through the Rocky Mountains. My guess is that is the first time that has been done. The fish was put in an oxygenated bag along with some Transmore (sedative). They also brought along another bag of pure oxygen so that they could re-oxygenate while on the move. That, along with a styrofoam box and some heat packs should be enough to ensure the fish a safe journey for a few days. I'll have to follow up with Calvin to find out how it went (keep fingers crossed). Last night Nic presented a talk on Asian arowana to a group of hobbyists at Concept Aquariums in Calgary. I forwarded invites to a number of owners of Dreamfish aros on this forum, not sure how many made it. Tonight the two of them are off to Marine Aquaria in Edmonton to put on another talk. Anybody on the forum in Edmonton who is interested would be welcome to show up. See: http://www.arowanaclub.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=6661

Good luck to Nic and Calvin as they continue their odyssey across Canada! :)

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Yeah, that sturgeon did put up a fight Mike! I left it to Nic to reel her in. I had the pleasure of just watching the struggle :)

On another note, below are a couple photos of the little fish that Calvin and Nic brought with them to Edmonton. The first photo is of the fish in my living room, the second of the fish in a store tank in Edmonton. In between those two places that little fish crossed the Rocky Mountains overland during a multi-day trip. Pretty awesome really. Whoever ends up with that little fish gets a fish with an interesting back story!

Attachments

• a little fish on the move.jpg
    a little fish on the move.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 577
  • little fish safe and sound.jpg
    little fish safe and sound.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 573