My 600G plywood tank

hondas3000

So finally I got it running but still have lighting and wet/dry setup to do. Right now just running on 2 fx5 with drip system so no more water change for me :D

It is in my garage so I don't need a full view window and to save me on glass I go with a 36" window view for this.

Stock.
5 asian aro size 13-19" (red, blue xb, Hbrtg, green)
1 male and 2 female ray, one of the Motoro is pregnant too
1 28" TSN
1 26" Red tail catfish.

Attachments

• IMG_0204.jpg
    IMG_0204.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 777
  • IMG_0207.jpg
    IMG_0207.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 742
  • IMG_0208.jpg
    IMG_0208.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 726
  • IMG_0206.jpg
    IMG_0206.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 745
  • IMG_0210.jpg
    IMG_0210.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 739
  • IMG_0205.jpg
    IMG_0205.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 688

Arrow

Congrats on the new setup looks great.
I would have gotten a larger front window though
Having to press my face up against the glass to see the insides would bug the shit out of me.

hondas3000

Congrats David! You just joined that special big fish tank club in Canada :)

It is now feel like aquarium not fish tank no more :). I will try to be the biggest in BC if possible.

Nice job. I would've gone with a larger viewing window. Its pretty unique though.

I am on a budget and it is not a show tank so 36" diameter window is good enough for me to view a whole tank. 5/8 glass price is ridiculous compare to 1/2.

Congrats on the new setup looks great.
I would have gotten a larger front window though
Having to press my face up against the glass to see the insides would bug the shit out of me.

Actually I don't have too press my face against it as my fish is already doing that for me, beside the smallest fish in there is 13"+ so 3 feet window give me a full view of the tank back panel. It is the 2 front corner that I can't view but I have a large top view though.

hustler

Thats so sweeeeeet bro..... I wish i had the balls to do one of them..... I did a 1200 gallon pond and made the mistake of pacu....... needless to say the idea was a wash LOL....
I love it, More pic updates!!!!!!!!!!

hondas3000

Be careful the RTC does not eat your arrows. :)

My smallest aro is 13"+ now and I do feed my tank. If the Cat fish make a move on my aro I will cut open :).

Thats so sweeeeeet bro..... I wish i had the balls to do one of them..... I did a 1200 gallon pond and made the mistake of pacu....... needless to say the idea was a wash LOL....
I love it, More pic updates!!!!!!!!!!
It not as easy as it looks bro. I did make mistake and have spend lots of hours and brain cell on it. It is a success build but I wouldn't say it perfect for me, still not very happy how it turn out but at least I am happy that my fish have room to swim.

I will update my feeding and stock list sometime, as I am so busy and tire work.

Nice job and pretty cool window, it almost gives you the feeling your in a submarine looking out.

Thanks, I am sure my window will be the one and only :). But my tank is still way small compare to you.

Last edited:

peacockbass

great setup....that big rtg is perfect.....i'd be worried about the RTC also....they will try to fit anything they can in their mouths....

hondas3000

Very unique tank. A lot of monsters in there!

I now want to tile the inside of it and still try to come up with idea how to temporary house them. Catching big aro is easy but catch big ray out is not :(.

great setup....that big rtg is perfect.....i'd be worried about the RTC also....they will try to fit anything they can in their mouths....

It is an old setup so now I don't have the TSN or the RTC no more. I would love the pbass but they get spook and die so easy. The HBRTG is my first asian aro and its my favorite aro of all.