Requested by Theo.

King-eL

Here got a new Albino RTG that almost cost me my ARMS and LEGS. I normally don't like to post pics of my asian arowana, but Theo ask me to post this one here. I've been a member here for a long time but not really that active poster.
pinkasianaro5.jpg

pinkasianaro4.jpg

pinkasianaro3.jpg

pinkasianaro2.jpg

King-eL

Thanks guys!

Not really sure if this is an Albino RTG or Albino Xback as the cert says Albino Arowana.

homebrewed

Super Moderator
That is one unique fish
How does it like its tankmates?

I have seen them called Xanthic as well.

Xanthic animals are usually more yellow than pink and generally still have black pigment in the eyes. Are there any pictures of xanthics?

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
That is one unique fish

Xanthic animals are usually more yellow than pink and generally still have black pigment in the eyes. Are there any pictures of xanthics?

Hmm, interesting. I know Mr.Kan advertised having Xanthics at one time; I don't know if I saw any when I was there though.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Someone ordered it from me from UnoAqautic.

I met the owner at the Aro expo in Jakarta when he was visiting from Malaysia. Once upon a time I thought the Unoaquatic "purple-reds" were like the coolest Asian arows around (okay, still do maybe :) ), but I have never seen an adult one. I've always wondered if they keep that purple colour when fully grown.

I sure look forward to seeing updates on this albino rtg of yours King-eL.

King-eL

That is one unique fish

He doesn't like it's tankmates, that why you see some nip fins on the black aro. This pink aro will be going to my uncle's tank temporary and take it back when it's about 12". I just got way to many monster fish to take care. This one must have all the attention and care.

I met the owner at the Aro expo in Jakarta when he was visiting from Malaysia. Once upon a time I thought the Unoaquatic "purple-reds" were like the coolest Asian arows around (okay, still do maybe :) ), but I have never seen an adult one. I've always wondered if they keep that purple colour when fully grown.

I sure look forward to seeing updates on this albino rtg of yours King-eL.

For sure. I'll update this when it's about 12"+.

King-eL

Any update on this fish?

My uncle owns this arowana now as it damaged the two barbels and I don't like keeping aros with no barbels doesn't matter how rare or how expensive. The barbels just won't grow anymore no matter what I tried and I just gave up. The aro is actually no longer pink but white with red eyes. It's now at 21". Will ask him to take pics if he can.

Juice604

My uncle owns this arowana now as it damaged the two barbels and I don't like keeping aros with no barbels doesn't matter how rare or how expensive. The barbels just won't grow anymore no matter what I tried and I just gave up. The aro is actually no longer pink but white with red eyes. It's now at 21". Will ask him to take pics if he can.

thats weird i had a old silver , who lost its barbels all the time and they always grew back ? :confused:

King-eL

thats weird i had a old silver , who lost its barbels all the time and they always grew back ? :confused:

Because your silver is nowhere at 2 feet yet at that time. Juvie aros have more chance of recovering from barbel lost than adults aros. Adults aros have very slim chance of getting the barbels back. It may or may not grow back when they get up to adult size.

hondas3000

how did the barbels got broken? I saw mine bump into the tank sometime and fight a bit but they are ok, knock on wood :).

King-eL

how did the barbels got broken? I saw mine bump into the tank sometime and fight a bit but they are ok, knock on wood :).

When I was feeding it it got too excited to grab the prawn off my hand and kept on banging on the lid. The lid shut off and smash the tip of the mouth damaging the barbels. I was actually really got pissed when it happened. But good thing my uncle is willing to pay up and take the aro to his place. But it sucks it got no barbels for such a rare aro ad probabaly the only albino asian aro here in Canada. It sucks that I can't keep it. Just don't like any aro with missing barbels doesn't matter what kind.

snow

Wow, that sucks. We would like to see some pics though. Even if the arrow is not in the best shape it would still be cool to see what it looks like now that it's so much bigger.