Feeding the 360~~RTG, Endli bichir, dats, stingrays and geos

hondas3000

I am still very impress with that RTG, color and shine is more then what RTG suppose to be. You also have one crazy spot on the marble ray as well, and that nice, big fat bichir. What happen to the pbass?

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I am still very impress with that RTG, color and shine is more then what RTG suppose to be. You also have one crazy spot on the marble ray as well, and that nice, big fat bichir. What happen to the pbass?

This brings up the old debate about what makes an RTG an RTG. Mr.Kan at Panda used to get upset when I refered to his Panda Gold as an "RTG". He told me how it was a hybrid fish he had created over many years by interbreeding various XB's and RTG's. Thus, it really is not an RTG but is a hybrid. It looks to have fully crossed now? Assuming the core scale development continues to fill with gold, it may in the end be called a Cross Back? I remember Mr.Kan telling me that some unscrupulous traders in various countries used to buy Panda Golds in bulk and resell them as XB's. Judging from this one fish I can see how it would be possible for them to get away with it.

In any case, sure is a wonderful video Gerry. You do a great job of showing just how good an aro tank can be - and in the process inspire a lot of hobbyists I am sure. :)

RTG_Gerry

Super Moderator
Thanks, guys! :)

Theo, it hasn't crossed but the 6th level scales are showing gold. I'm very happy with this fish.

hondas3000, the RTG doesn't like bass once they hit the 15" mark. He shredded two of the three occelaris bass once they hit 15" and he recently shredded two of the three temensis bass once they hit the 15" mark.

The truth is everyone feeds better when they are no bass in the tank. Bass consume a lot of food and are very aggressive at feeding time. If I were to keep bass again, it would a single species only tank.

hondas3000

This brings up the old debate about what makes an RTG an RTG. Mr.Kan at Panda used to get upset when I refered to his Panda Gold as an "RTG". He told me how it was a hybrid fish he had created over many years by interbreeding various XB's and RTG's. Thus, it really is not an RTG but is a hybrid. It looks to have fully crossed now? Assuming the core scale development continues to fill with gold, it may in the end be called a Cross Back? I remember Mr.Kan telling me that some unscrupulous traders in various countries used to buy Panda Golds in bulk and resell them as XB's. Judging from this one fish I can see how it would be possible for them to get away with it.

In any case, sure is a wonderful video Gerry. You do a great job of showing just how good an aro tank can be - and in the process inspire a lot of hobbyists I am sure. :)

It is true from what you said but if I pay for RTG and get a xb look then I am more then happy :).

Gerry I noticed that too in my comm tank. My biggest aro seem to pick on other that almost same size at his that is why I go and find some cheap one for him to pick on :).

carcrazy

Thanks, guys! :)

Theo, it hasn't crossed but the 6th level scales are showing gold. I'm very happy with this fish.

hondas3000, the RTG doesn't like bass once they hit the 15" mark. He shredded two of the three occelaris bass once they hit 15" and he recently shredded two of the three temensis bass once they hit the 15" mark.

The truth is everyone feeds better when they are no bass in the tank. Bass consume a lot of food and are very aggressive at feeding time. If I were to keep bass again, it would a single species only tank.

I agree, my pbass are very aggressive eaters at the surface. Lower level fish are okay with it as the pbass sometimes miss pieces of shrimp which settles to the bottom or middle for them. My pbass killed my 12" RTG a while back in my 320g so I do not recommend them together.

And you have a very nice tank as well!