18 month update on an aro com

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
In January 2009 I had the pleasure to import nine large aros for a com set up in Vancouver.

3- Gold Head Saphire X Back
2- Blue Base X Back
2- Blue Base Bloodred
1- Platinum X Back
1- Tong Yan

See here:

The Panda Reds came in too small, (which led to later problems), and were later replaced with a pair of Maju SR's. One Maju SR was sold I believe, and was then replaced with a large Quian Hu Violet Fusion SR which the customer had in another tank.
I finally made it out to get an update video (18 months later), which you can see here:

Overall, I think the aro com has turned out okay, though the split fins are a pitty. Not too sure there are many ways around that though. I think the CV Maju SR has turned out well. It is the SR with a brighter chilli colour to it.

Last edited:

bcarlos

I love the look of sapphire cross backs. Awesome looking aro's.

The maju SR is probably the nicest SR in the tank. It looks like Nathan has done a good job of managing this comm-- the fish are all very healthy looking. The investment in time and money needed to run a tank like this is HUGE, and I always give my respect to the hobbyist willing to pursue such a challenge.

m_class2g

Sponsor
i still remember all of the widebars i brought in! this one because of his tail bar. good job on raising him up. hes a big eater.

h.l_nathan

Hey Mike thanks for the comment but its my dad and my brother that raise that tank. I'm up in Montreal almost full time now. I still have another tank up here thats 180gal bigger than the one down there

m_class2g

Sponsor
Hey Mike thanks for the comment but its my dad and my brother that raise that tank. I'm up in Montreal almost full time now. I still have another tank up here thats 180gal bigger than the one down there

any updates on your tank in montreal? snap some pics of the current stock!