Sick Mbu need ideas...something

rudy

So my Mbu is about 20 inches and has been healthy. She eats once or twice per day and diet consists of Clams mussels shrimp etc.

Last 2 months she has gotten sick periodically. Basically stops eating, looks like only one fin works, hunches up and floats a lot. I have successfully hospitalized her every time and treated with Furan 2. Worked twice after a few days she seems to poop slime balls and gets better. I put her back in the main tank and she is fine for a few weeks and then again..same thing. I decided to treat the main tank with Nitrofurizone (as the rays in the main tank can't handle the other ingredients in the Furan 2) and I am convinced the tank must have something wrong with it. Long story short it is not working. She is not affected by the treatment. I have taken some pics and I am hoping someone can pint point this as I can't continue to treat her every other week as she just gets sick again.

Check the pictures and let me know. There has been no changes to tank mates so it is not stress and each time there are these little slime things hanging out of her anus, which could be the problem of maybe not. T The tank is on an auto water changer daily so water parameters don't change and are not the problem.

Attachments

• mbu.jpg
    mbu.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 824
Tough to say what is really going on maybe the food is what is doing it. Maybe try buying different types of shellfish. Also maybe try treating Prazi-pro, kinda sounds like it might be an internal parasite. I would also cut back the amount you feed. I only feed my fahaka about 3 times a week, once or twice a day might be a bit much and maybe part of the problem. Hope this helps and good luck to you and your puffer.