My PGS update

iamfrontosa

Just another update of my PGS from the last group buy before I leave for a month on a biz & pleasure trip to Thailand end of Jan. Its -30c (-48c with wind chill) today in Calgary.. I m glad I will be in SE Asia.... :D

My friend will be looking after him for me while I am away. Its easy to say that the fish will not be getting his fav diets (super worms, and crickets). I am just hoping that he will be fed at least twice a week....

Kenta

Administrator
Great pics! What kind of camera are you using?? Any special lighting? Looks as though you are not new to taking pics, i could use a tip or two

protoxeno

Nice PGS, you can tell the difference between a PGS and my PG, look at those 5th lvl where mine is starting to climb to 5th lvl from the back of the tail. Nice catch! Hope you have fun in SE asia. Seems like all the arofanatics are going to SE asia for vacation!

iamfrontosa

thx all for the compliment.
kenta, i used a nikon dslr (d2h).. some shot with 50mm f1.8, 85mm f1.8 or 70-200mm f2.8 vr... shot on M mode , 1/60 sec @ max aperture.. no flash. just the tank light...

rulaifu

Nice camera you have there. Are you a photographer? You know that is the professional camera, and cost lots of $$$$

iamfrontosa

rulaifu: photography is just my hobby. i do land surveying/engineering for living.
bought the camera 3 years ago, its gone thru about 42,000 clicks so far - and still going strong... nowsaday, you can get an entry level dslr (ie D40), and it will outperform D2H in noise level.

rulaifu

That is why you have this camera because it is your hobby. It costs you much more if you bought it 3 years ago. Congratulations.
I will say D40 can not preform same picture as yours.