Freshwater Bumble Bee Grouper (video clip) ......

EEYY

This one is already SOLD.

Roughly 10 lbs in size.

If you guys are interested to get one (might be at different size), please contact Lucky Aquarium directly.

m_class2g

Sponsor
holy crap monster!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was in taiwan and saw one bigger than this in a live tank for consumption. lol. its the same grouper for sure. ill find a pic.

chen88

Super Moderator
I was told that these groupers are not freshwater but salt..they can (Smaller ones) survive for a period of time in blackish water though...not sure on the larger boys...I've seen this guy at lucky and thought he was in a salt water tank as he was there by himself not with the silver....neat looking fish.

skynoch

I've also heard the same thing about them starting fresh and turning to salt later. They are great looking fish and I would love to have one if they were fully fresh for life. I would be worried it would eat my tank.

chen88

Super Moderator
I've also heard the same thing about them starting fresh and turning to salt later. They are great looking fish and I would love to have one if they were fully fresh for life. I would be worried it would eat my tank.

yeah...especially at that size...but it would taste good with sweet and sour sauce....LOL

RTG_Gerry

Super Moderator
There's a guy on mfk who converted one to full fresh water. Took a year to go from full on salt to full on fresh.

m_class2g

Sponsor
this was in taiwan. waiting to be dinner lol

P1000884.jpg

RTG_Gerry

Super Moderator
Here's a video I shot of one that was in a local lfs.....He eventually sold it. It was in saltwater.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a46oBVP_Lg"]YouTube - bb feeding[/ame]

BM80

I've owned one of these in a saltwater setup, and didn't do my homework on them, but i learned really quick that they have a huge appetite because it started eating its tankmates. The largest to be caught i believe was a 9 footer, but the average is around 6 feet. One would need a massive tank to house this fish for life.