Maju SR Update

bcarlos

It's been a while since I shared an update on my Maju SR. I've had this fish for over three years now. It took me over five months to get him on pellets, and I've been so impressed with his development since. Size is about 24 inches+

tomuhs

Thank you for sharing. Great timing as I'm looking to get a SR in from that farm as well!

Did you starve the aro for 5 mths in order to get it on pellets? Love the red fins and metallic look. Would you happen to have any pics of the aro when it first came in so that we can see how much progress ur aro has made?

Thanks!

bcarlos

Thank you for sharing. Great timing as I'm looking to get a SR in from that farm as well!

Did you starve the aro for 5 mths in order to get it on pellets? Love the red fins and metallic look. Would you happen to have any pics of the aro when it first came in so that we can see how much progress ur aro has made?

Thanks!

I did starve him for five months; it was a true test of patience and nerve, and I'm happy to be done with it!

I've had great experiences dealing with Maju, and I think they produce some fantastic aro's at a good price.

Here's a thread I posted back in 2009 with some photos of when I first got him - http://www.arowanaclub.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=1993&highlight=maju

Last edited:

tomuhs

I did starve him for five months; it was a true test of patience and nerve, and I'm happy to be done with it!

I've had great experiences dealing with Maju, and I think they produce some fantastic aro's at a good price.

Here's a thread I posted back in 2009 with some photos of when I first got him - http://www.arowanaclub.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=1993&highlight=maju

Wow the progress is pretty crazy. Nice shine when you first got him too tho!

Are you currently on a tanning regiment?

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I would have to check the cert # against the past import paperwork to be sure, but yes, three years sounds about right for the first order from Maju.

I've heard it said that a good looking older fish says as much about the hobbyist's skill and dedication as it does about the genes of the fish. You deserve a lot of credit for raising this fish Brandon. Kind of a "metalic chilli" look to it, which would make sense since I have heard of Maju's reds being marketed as "Metal Reds" in Singapore before. I wonder if it has maxed out at 24"?

bcarlos

Thank you for that compliment, Theo. I bought this aro at a pivotal point in my life, so I do feel a connection to this fish. Like anything in life, we get what we put in!

I don't think he has much more to go in length, but certainly a lot more to gain in girth.