high back golden

shadwone

I am new to aro's, I am looking to start with an RTG but the store offered a highback golden.

What I am looking for is an aro when fully grown will have reddish tail and fins with a black back with golden scales. Which one would be close to this?

EKen

Super Moderator
Euh... You just described what an RTG would look like when full grown. How much is the store asking for the High Back?

Personally, I don't rely on its name, as I have seen RTGs with higher shine level than HBRTGs, and HBRTGs with less shine level than RTGs. Just go there and look at the fish, if you like it and the price is affordable for you, just get it.

ninjaturtle

high back golden = HB RTG, which in its most simple term an RTG with higher gold shine.

both fish will give u what ur looking for cept the HBRTG will have more gold. really depends on the price, both fish could turn out great or bad. like Eken said, the "RTG" or "HBRTG" is nothing more than a "label". sometimes RTG will turn out nicer than HBRTG (altho most the time they dont, it still happens). so it depends if ur willing to fork out extra 100-300 bucks for the higher back