Best way to drain an Autodrip system?

hustler

I am setting up a fairly basic 3 stage filter drip system from my laundryroom tap to a new tank in the basement. I have the whole system pretty much figured out without any float switch or possibility of overflow onto the carpets via a drain higher up in my extra large sump. The problem is..... I didnt want to run a 1.5 or 2 inch pipe from the tank back to a drain in the laundryroom. I did however notice right behind where my tank will go is a 2 inch pvc drain pipe from the upstairs sink. Im wondering if i tap the cap that is elevated or even plumb right into the cap that i could drain right in there?
All i can figure is to take the cap off and dump the sink to see if it would back up and potentially make it into my sump???
What do you figure I could do with this situation?
027.jpg

Thanks for any free advice :) And if you have any parts that will make this safer/easier Ill buy em asap

letsgofishn

I'm no plumber, but not sure if sewer gases would be a problem. My tank is in a similar situation, but I have the drain running from the upstairs washroom down beside my tank, not sure if I want to tap into that stinky pipe.

Please keep us updated as to what you figured out.

Bwi

bad idea. if you we're to use that drain you would have to install a tap because the gas's will need to be stopped! if not your house will stink and would cause some serious damage

skynoch

Could you not "t" into the pipe on the straight piece above the cleanout and put a p-trap on the new incoming pipe and as bwi stated either a timer or drill the sump and plumb in there. I would prefer to drill the sump and plumb it in personally.

hustler

my sump is drilled with a bulkhead, but i would like to keep it draining via gravity and not having to deal with timers and pumps and dosers ect ect.
Trying my best to keep it simple.... water drips in water drips out....
Its either i drain into that pipe or i have to run a hose from my sump to the laundryroom floor drain through my den..... and this would be much easier.
Is this pipe not any diffrent than my shower drain or floor drain? they are all open and have no smell? and this pipe is from a sink, not a toilet.
Thanks for any advice

Bwi

Doesn't matter where its from they are all going to the same place. Every drain has a trap built into it. The best way is the way u said water drips in water drips out gravity. If u have the drain and the ablility to have the water drain by gravity then that's your best option.