Stingrays for sale!

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I have a nice overseas supplier with consistent quality.

Here are some BD's I imported last year:

They have a range of other less expensive, but really cool stingrays available for sale too:

And here is my male from last year's order:

Contact [email protected] if interested

Last edited:

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Here are some sample photos of BD/Leo females (see attached). I just noticed that I mislabeled these photos as males; they are all in fact females.

Attachments

• BD:Leo male 1.jpg
    BD:Leo male 1.jpg
    498.1 KB · Views: 550
  • BD:Leo male 2.jpg
    BD:Leo male 2.jpg
    365.2 KB · Views: 470
  • BD:Leo male 3.jpg
    BD:Leo male 3.jpg
    392.1 KB · Views: 531
  • BD:Leo male 4.jpg
    BD:Leo male 4.jpg
    535.1 KB · Views: 517

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Here are some photos of BD/Leo females (see attached).

Attachments

• BD:Leo male 1.jpg
    BD:Leo male 1.jpg
    502.7 KB · Views: 543
  • BD:Leo male 2.jpg
    BD:Leo male 2.jpg
    473.2 KB · Views: 532
  • BD:Leo male 3.jpg
    BD:Leo male 3.jpg
    437.5 KB · Views: 530
  • BD:Leo male 4.jpg
    BD:Leo male 4.jpg
    498.4 KB · Views: 549

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
By way of comparison, attached here are two photos of two different pure BD females. All of these photos and video in this thread are of fish from the same supplier. I think I have more photos I can find, will post them up soon.

Have a look at the pure BD versus BD/Leo. You should be able to see a difference in the quality. That said, both grades of fish are very nice looking!

Attachments

• Pure female BD.jpg
    Pure female BD.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 552
  • Pure female BD 2.jpg
    Pure female BD 2.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 521

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Here is another, more detailed "tutorial" to try and explain the difference between pure BD and BD/Leo stingrays.

Typically BD rays are distinguished by more spots, by bigger spots, and by more irregular patters; in time the bigger spots often lead to "doughnuts" where there is a black hole in the middle. Then the black in the middle typically creeps out, producing a "C" white shape, as opposed to a "doughnut". This is called eclipsing. A normal BD/Leo and certainly a normal Leo will not experience this. Here is a video showing typical BD/Leos:

I have also attached a couple photos of an adult pair of BD/Leos that I raised and later sold.

Now compare the video above with a video of the pure BD pups I raised last year (also kept for over 12 months). You should notice quite a difference in the number of white spots, the size of the white spots, and the presence of doughnuts and eclipses:

BD's are also known to have belly spotting. You typically will not find much belly spotting on a BD/Leo, and none at all on a Leo. You can see a good example of belly spotting here:

Pure BD's typically also get spontaneous spots that just appear randomly anywhere on the ray's disc. These spots can grow in size and in time go through the doughnut and eclipsing phase. BD/Leos and pure Leos rarely have these spontaneous spots, or if they do, not as many nor do they grow as large.

Finally, both BD/Leos and Leos have white spots around the outside edge of their disc. As the ray grows, these outside spots "move" inward and enlarge in size. The more spots on the outside edge, the more spots your ray will have in future. BD rays typically have far more spots around their outside disc and these spots typically grow larger and more dynamic.

In conclusion, pure BD rays typically have more spots and larger spots that undergo more change (doughnuts and eclipses) than a BD/Leo or Leo. Compared when young, pure BD's and BD/Leos may look similar, but when seen as adults, there is no comparison; a pure BD adult ray is more striking in appearance.

Attachments

• BD:Leos 1.jpg
    BD:Leos 1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 545
  • BD:Leo 2.jpg
    BD:Leo 2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 535
  • BD:Leo 3.jpg
    BD:Leo 3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 541

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I have a single male pure BD and a male/female pair of pure BD coming in this order that are available. CITES permit application is underway. Rays should be landing within a few weeks I believe. Email [email protected] if interested in purchasing the extra rays available.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
The rays landed last night. I am holding 3 pairs of pure BD, one pair of Pearls, and am babysitting a single male BD (which is a little larger than the others in the video). All fish arrived healthy and are looking good.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
For those of you waiting for your rays, here are a couple feeding videos from this evening:

And a close up on the two pearl pups eating:

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
All rays are sold, and as of a few minutes ago, all have shipped. See attached photo of the last pair to go.

These rays were fantastic and got great reviews from all their new owners. My supplier is top rate. If you are looking for quality rays - pearls, BD, Bd/Leo, P13/Galaxy, or hybrids - contact me at [email protected]

Attachments

• IMG_1502.JPG
    IMG_1502.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 504