homebrewed

homebrewed

Super Moderator
My name is Tim

I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba and have been keeping fish all my life as far as I can remember. I got into the hobby very seriously in 2000. Since the begining my dream fish has always been the asian arowanas and finally was able to purchase a green a few years back. I have scaled back alot so I could dedicate good quality care for this fish along with my rays. Before that I've kept everything I could under the sun and ran over 15 tanks and 3 ponds.

In the very near future I will be building a custom tank of about 360 gallons and hope to fill it with one nice show piece arowana and my group of rays.

Good to be here :)

Tim

Last edited:

homebrewed

Super Moderator
Thanks guys :)

I've was debating between plywood and glass. I know you can make a plywood look very show worthy and it retains heat better, but I just love a big glass tank. So it will be glass and the dimensions will be 8x3x2 (lwh). I can't wait :)

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Right on! Sounds like you guys got something in common and can maybe even help each other out somehow with planning etc... :)

protoxeno

I actually thought about building a plywood tank for 6x2.5(W)x2 but I ended up ordering it through a custom tank builder for $1000. I did all the math and in fact...its a bit more expensive than having it custom built. If you want more info I can help you out. I actually selected the right epoxy to go through and plywood and such.

CHILLI RED

Welcome! I like your idea of a big tank with an aro and rays! What type of asian aro and what types of rays are you thinking of?

homebrewed

Super Moderator
I've currently got a Green but would like to upgrade to a nice RTG, and I've got a group of motoros as well which will stay the same because I don't want to spend $2000+ for a nice black one