Super Red Arowana for cheap - Montreal (QC)

EEYY

Hi I have fish from probably the same batch but as of right now I cannot capture the quality of the red. I have one in a light background and one in a dark background. Both are developing as expected and started with color at around 6-7 inches on the cheeks. Both are feed a diet of only pellets right now. One is orange and the other is deep orange and they are about 8-9 inches color is also developing on the scales. I will post photos once I get better lighting. Hope this helps.

Please do post some photos.

EKen

Super Moderator
I have just recently seen this fish in person. It does not look as bad as in the picture. Color is showing on its cheeks and swimming posture is good. The only problem is that my friend's PNT took a bite on one of his pectoral fin...

Last edited:

GRANDDRAGON

Please do post some photos.

I will post pictures very shortly and I think you will be very pleased with the results. I have posted pictures of these fish when they were babies and got a lot of positive comments on both fish. The one that is showing a lot of color right now and I do mean a lot of dark color on cheeks and scales, is the fish that did not get the best of all comments. I choose one for body and one for color. Both have developed nicly but one by far is really deep in color.

EEYY

I will post pictures very shortly and I think you will be very pleased with the results. I have posted pictures of these fish when they were babies and got a lot of positive comments on both fish. The one that is showing a lot of color right now and I do mean a lot of dark color on cheeks and scales, is the fish that did not get the best of all comments. I choose one for body and one for color. Both have developed nicly but one by far is really deep in color.

Speaking of color, I just read a book (in Chinese) called "Arowana World, Book V". It shows how a red arowana changing color / shape / size within the past 5 years.

They follow a couple of different reds and document the ways they grow. Some of them do like a green arowana in the very beginning!!!