Aro wannabe keeper

Marius

As the title says. After seeing a couple adult reds I know I'll have aro tanks coming in ...in a few years :D

At the moment I have only 1 setup left, from the 20 I had since I am moving to Montreal in September.

Here's my 400gal Tropheus tank

Marius

I'm thinking more and more about arowanas and Asian compatible species. Can you direct me to some quality literature on the subject, I want to make sure I keep the fish compatible with each other in the perfect space.

So, any information you guys think it's useful please feel free to share :)

arl

Nice tank, I like you're arrangement with the rocks! But with a tank that size I personally think you should go for a bigger fish. An aro will be perfect in there!!

Yuppa

Super Moderator
Welcome to the aro fever marius!

In many peoples opinion, best aro tank is :

red aro (celestial dragon)
prochilodus (charming phoenix)
Datnoid (divine tiger)
Sexfaciatus (majestic shelter)

-sexfaciatus has never worked for me, I replace it with endlicheri endlicheri - earth dragon

really tho its up to you what you like and what works in your tank..
some people like rays with their aro, or big clown loaches or even clown knife..
some ppl love the gars with aro, some ppl like weird amazon fish I can't name off the top of my head but nonetheless, there is no right or wrong..

If you like a species, know it grows big.. Just ask, we can tell you if its compatible or not..

EEYY

I'm thinking more and more about arowanas and Asian compatible species. Can you direct me to some quality literature on the subject, I want to make sure I keep the fish compatible with each other in the perfect space.

So, any information you guys think it's useful please feel free to share :)

Arowana World is a good set of books but they are printed in Chinese.