Tank mate Question

F8i

Hello AC!

I have an Emerald Arowana (Red F1 and Green F1 mix), soon to be going into his new 150 gallon tank. He has started beating up my biggest pleco in the tank he's in now [110ga].

This make me a little weary because I planned on adding sting rays to my 150ga. If my Arowana is being aggessive towards an armoured Pleco (your typical store bought LFS pleco) would he be aggressive towards sting rays as well? (Yes, the Plecos will be gone BEFORE the rays are home)

He's only picking on the big one, about 8" and leaves the smaller 6-7" pleco alone.

I was hoping this arow wouldn't be aggressive as my Jardini

Side note: My Arowana is eating like crazy!! Loads of Massivoir floating sticks. 10 at a time 3-4+ times a day. Jumped out of the water for a shrimp I was hand feeding him, got the shrimp and the finger [drew blood!].

Brian

chen88

Super Moderator
It all depends on the size of Rays you are planning on putting in with your aros. What are their sizes? Many of us here have that combination and have had no issues. almost be aware of the size difference when mixing fish together. Also a good way to introduce new fish into that tank is to make sure you feed the existing fish food before you introduce the new fish...this way when you drop in the new fish the existing ones don't think you're feeding them :)

exoticaquaria

It all depends on the size of Rays you are planning on putting in with your aros. What are their sizes? Many of us here have that combination and have had no issues. always be aware of the size difference when mixing fish together. Also a good way to introduce new fish into that tank is to make sure you feed the existing fish food before you introduce the new fish...this way when you drop in the new fish the existing ones don't think you're feeding them :)

This works.

Last edited by a moderator: