L25 Pleco pricing

tomuhs

Hi guys,

What with the Xingu river potentially being damned, I would assume that this pleco would be rarer and pricier. I have sourced myself a small 2-3'' and I was wondering what you guys thought in terms of what a fair price is. Looking at sub 300 price tag.

I noticed they had one for sale on canadian aquatics but it is conditionally sold with no pricing on it.

Any input would be great!

tman

Super Moderator
Hi guys,

What with the Xingu river potentially being damned, I would assume that this pleco would be rarer and pricier. I have sourced myself a small 2-3'' and I was wondering what you guys thought in terms of what a fair price is. Looking at sub 300 price tag.

I noticed they had one for sale on canadian aquatics but it is conditionally sold with no pricing on it.

Any input would be great!
Not bad but you can get one from Harold "fairdeal" on A.A. for $275 and then there is no shipping. It looks like he has 3 left! He has very nice plecos as I just picked up 2 huge L330 Watermelon plecos and they are perfect for my tanks especially the ray tank.

tomuhs

Aww Trevor, you gave up my source! Thanks tho for the heads up haha.

Ya he mentioned that he sold some panaques for your rays when I was down there picking up some giant loaches. The watermelons are nice plecs!

So with that in mind 275 a "fairdeal" for the size?

tman

Super Moderator
Aww Trevor, you gave up my source! Thanks tho for the heads up haha.

Ya he mentioned that he sold some panaques for your rays when I was down there picking up some giant loaches. The watermelons are nice plecs!

So with that in mind 275 a "fairdeal" for the size?

Sorry for narking on your source! LOL. My rays won't let me leave home and I spend too much time on the computer so I pretty much know where everything is if you are ever looking for something for your fish tanks!!:D I haven't seen one below $250 for a while, so I would say it's in the ballpark.

Last edited:

tomuhs

Sorry for narking on your source! LOL. My rays won't let me leave home and I spend too much time on the computer so I pretty much know where everything is if you are ever looking for something for your fish tanks!!:D I haven't seen one below $250 for a while, so I would say it's in the ballpark.

Haha I was just being facetious; all good Trevor hope you didn't take it to heart. ;)

Thanks for the tips buddy. Should be interesting to see how prices pan out of the next couple of months for exotic plecs.

tomuhs

Woot! Feel like Christmas.

Pretty small but gotta love the colors. Can't wait for this little fella to grow into a monster fish.