2 x 180 tank + 2 x RTG

tomuhs

Nice classic RTGS with clear tanks. Liking the bamboo...what's your wc routine like?

Your FF is huge!

kimrocks

Thanks! The FF grew at a massive rate. The Bamboo from T&T looks cool against the black background. And we figured it should help soak up some nitrates as well - : ).

And Mike - yup the bigger one is from David's tank. Had my eye on him the first time I saw Dave' s tank.

BTW - Those tanks are beside/next to a kitchen sink making the plumbing very accessible.

Would it makes sense to do a drip or auto WC without drilling the tank?

There are quite a few Youtube videos on variations to doing it - which ones do you consider the best approach based on your experience?

This is so that if are away on holiday, we do not have to worry about water quality.

tomuhs

It definately could work doing a DIY overflow, but it will look relatively unsightly with all those pipes sticking out of the tank. Best option would be to drain and drill.

exoticaquaria

I would do a drip system for sure!!! I would have for my tank but no drain or faucet close by! Didn't want to dig through the living room lol.

I thought I recognized that RTG. Very good deal.

kimrocks

Amazing tanks.... Does the red tail shark do a good job on algae on your plants?

The Red-tail shark does help a little, the Flagtail seems to do more - likely due to its much bigger size.

Interesting is that the RTG leaves the Red-tail shark alone even if it comes very close to it.