Tiger shovel nose

cheon

So I was at my lfs picking up food for my aro. As usual I took a walk around cuz river front always has new and kool inventory. And I com across some these mini shovel noses and I remember the 1 off river monsters so I buy it thinking it was a different type,a way smaller type!! But I looked them up and it says 1 meter long and can get bigger?!?! Now I have no problem meeting it's housing needs if I need a 500gl great he gives me the excuse to build a huge tank for him and my aros but do they rlly get that big?does anyone have 1?can u post pics PlZ
Chris

hustler

Here is my last one.... About 28" when i sold him and 2 years old. Very cool fish indeed and active :) but they do eat anything that fits in there mouth.....
Right now I have a 16" in my 300 and a few babies in a grow out :) I love them alot
IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

cheon

Wow that 1 looks so cool. Thx for posting it's gonna be pretty interesting watching grow huge. Wat do u feed it for a well balanced diet?

hustler

This is where I would say beefheart, tigerprawn, mealworms and carnivore pellets..... But now no more beefheart.... It makes them grow fast and Cheeeeap but it is now bad for them....
Also keep heat at 82-84 and they grow quicker aswell ;)

hondas3000

It is a monster, I have one about 28" as well and trying to give it away but no one have big enough tank to house it. It already try to swallow my 8" giant guorami half way and 8" pine apple pleco :(. Don't worry about the diet, since it will eat anything. Mine love winnie dogs.

cheon

i am looking forward to the size. this is gonna push me to build a 700gl+in the lobby of my office:D
here some pics of him and my jumbo tangerine cray fish

Attachments

• cat.jpg
    cat.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 862
  • mrlobster.jpg
    mrlobster.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 867

cheon

ya they are hes the boss in my tank. they grow rlly fast had him when he was half the size lik 2 months ago.wayne will hook u up hesgood stuff hes got sum vampire tetras to rlly want but need a whole new tank for them.

AroNoob

ya they are hes the boss in my tank. they grow rlly fast had him when he was half the size lik 2 months ago.wayne will hook u up hesgood stuff hes got sum vampire tetras to rlly want but need a whole new tank for them.

Wayne's a great guy, I always like stopping in. Won't really be buying much from him though, I have a connection at a wholesaler so when the time comes, I'll be stocking up there.

tman

Super Moderator

What kind of vampire tetras? Tats,Scombs or Armatus?