What bichirs do you own?

Kenta

Administrator
On top of being an arohead, i am also a bichirnut.

Currently i own
2 polypterus endlicheri endlicheri (Guinea variant)
2 polypterus endlicheri endlicheri (chad basin)
1 polypterus endlicheri endlicheri (volta river)
2 polypterus bichir lapradei (guinea variant)
1 polypterus ornatipinnis
1 polypterus retropinnis
2 polypterus delhezi

i have owned polypterus weeksi, mokelembembe and senegals as well.

What do you guys have?

ninjaturtle

had a reg senegal that eventually turned white with a white bare bottom tank.

amazingly.. hes jumped out of his tank, got stuck behind my wirings in the back for about 10-15 minutes and still managed to stay alive.

homebrewed

Super Moderator
Currently I've got

3 - palmas Polli
1- albino senegal
1 - ornate
1 - delhezi

I used to have alot more of each of those species as well as an 16" endlicheri. I scaled back and kept the ones I liked. I've kept one of the palmas since I started the hobby. :)

Kenta

Administrator
Kenta your a Bicher maniac!

I have 1 p. endlicheri endlicheri

unsure what region.. ?

Its a volta river, and honestly a great bichir, its growth exceeded any bichir i owned and it has a crazy aggressive personality for a bichir!

Dragonguy

Bichirs that I own:
10- P.endlicheri endlicheri
5- P. lapradei
7- P. delhezi
2- P. ornatipinnis
2- P. polli
6- P. senegalus

Does ropefish inclded? I got 7 of them.

Hoping to get P. congicus, P. ansorgii, P. weeksii, P. teugelsi, P. retropinnis, P. mokelembembe, P. palmas, P. buettikoferi. I still got a long way top go. Bichir and aros are my favorite fish. I consider them as dragons.

Kenta

Administrator
Dragonguy, thats quite the collection!

I used to have weeksi, mokelembembe and p buettikoferi!

Would you be interested in a trade, guinea lap for reg lap? I want a classic lapradei, rather than a guinea.

Dragonguy

Dragonguy, thats quite the collection!

I used to have weeksi, mokelembembe and p buettikoferi!

Would you be interested in a trade, guinea lap for reg lap? I want a classic lapradei, rather than a guinea.

How big is your lapradei?

Kenta

Administrator
~12"
The one on the left, old pic... guinea laps are a great variant of the regular p. bichir lapradei
bothlaps.jpg

smalllap.jpg

Dragonguy

~12"
The one on the left, old pic... guinea laps are a great variant of the regular p. bichir lapradei
bothlaps.jpg

smalllap.jpg

You got some nice guinea laps. Let me guise you got yours from rehebothaquatics.com. I would love to get some nigerian laps. I got two guinea lap from rehebothaquatic and 2 reg lap from from king ed. 1 was given to me by a friend. This one is patternless reg lap. My lap are only 7"-8" long. I don't have a camera right now. If I do have a camera I would like to take some pics of my fish as start to show off :cool:

Here the only pics that I have my first lap that was givin to me by a friend.

Last edited:

Kenta

Administrator
Yes i got all my harder to get species through 2 orders from Rehoboth.
I would definitely like to get my hands on some more endlicheri variants as well as an ansorgii, but $400 is too much for now.

Dragonguy

I was actually finding a way to get bichirs from japan. They got some awesome bichir. My target is the p. bichir bichir. They are the asian aro of bichirs because they come with cert.

Kenta

Administrator
Have you contacted GEF? Their endlicheris come with certs too!

I know that the Japanese have brought in a lot of adult p bichir bichir and have been successful breeding them as well.... their p bichir bichir "full green" is a beaut!

Dragonguy

GFT? Have not heard of them before. I've only been here in Canada for 7 months.

Reason why I like fish with cert, because I like to frame them and attach it to my wall where my aquarium is located. It makes it looks professional. hehe