Golden Dorado and Vatf

skynoch

Just picked these up from Mike at Exotic Aquaria on his last two aquamonster imports and they are doing great. Sorry about the pic of the Dorados as they are constantly moving and anything zoomed closer just seemed to blur.

DSCF6165.jpg

DSCF6171.jpg

exoticaquaria

Wow that vatf put on a lot of weight!!! Well done! How big do you think he is now? Amazing tiger in your mega tank! Im glad he will grow to his full potenial!!! How are the little gobies!?

skynoch

The vatf is very cool and fun to watch as they are one of the fastest fish I have seen. It's probably at 14" right now and to my surprise a very non aggressive fish to anything else in my tank and is even sitting still occasionally for photo ops.
Ya it seems everything grows to full potential in that tank which means I closely have to watch what I buy or there could be a few monsters in there.
The gobies are doing great and I`ll try and get some pics up of them as well. They are a very neat fish watch and go great in small my community tank.
Hey David did you end up getting a gatf or vatf?

skynoch

wow...I really like those Dorado's ....good pick up

I can't wait till they grow. Don't know alot about them but right now they are eating machines and as long as I keep up feedings they are quite content to school together peacefully. I've heard they can get agressive when older but I've found almost every predator I've had that if feedings are kept up they seem to not worry about other tankmates.
Just wondering who else picked up these little gems?

hondas3000

Mike didn't bring in enough for and I was to busy with other fish so mate next season I will get one vatf though as I don't like GATf.

exoticaquaria

The vatf is very cool and fun to watch as they are one of the fastest fish I have seen. It's probably at 14" right now and to my surprise a very non aggressive fish to anything else in my tank and is even sitting still occasionally for photo ops.
Ya it seems everything grows to full potential in that tank which means I closely have to watch what I buy or there could be a few monsters in there.
The gobies are doing great and I`ll try and get some pics up of them as well. They are a very neat fish watch and go great in small my community tank.
Hey David did you end up getting a gatf or vatf?

can't stop looking at the vatf!!! he looks awesome in that big tank of yours! definitely will be growing to his full potential!

a few guys picked up dorados. mostly everyone bought in 3 - 4 pieces. they are interesting to keep. usually there is a weak link in a pack and is beaten to death. i brought in 15 dorados, 1 died due to the pack beating on the weak one. the pack also killed an albino wells! chewed off the tail fin, dorsal etc. dorados are not only meant to each other but to certain other fish! they did leave the pbass and red sevs alone. just went for the catfish!

exoticaquaria

Mike didn't bring in enough for and I was to busy with other fish so mate next season I will get one vatf though as I don't like GATf.

I only brought in 2 large vatf. they were grow outs. GATF seems to be the easy one to find this year. usually its the other way around!

slednex11

hey scott ,did you house that vatf in a smaller tank prior to the 2200gal? if so was it sketchy in a smaller tank and did it become more calm in the larger tank? it looks amazing!im having troubles getting mine to eat hes the other large vatf mike brought in on same import