Warning - HBH algae wafers have changed

Sygoomei

I just bought a new $30 bin of HBH algae wafers for my set of prochilodus and it seems they've changed something about them. I used to put 15+ pellets in my tank and a day or two later there'd still be a few of them--still in pellet form--lying at the bottom of my tank. Well the new pellets fall apart in less than 10-15 minutes now.

So the warning I have is this; If you get some hbh algae wafers, don't put a ton in, or you'll end up like me with UBER murky water.

For a minute there, I'd assumed one of my fish got sick and threw up nastiness all over the place--but it was soon apparent all my fish are seemingly alright.

goldenchild

I just bought a new $30 bin of HBH algae wafers for my set of prochilodus and it seems they've changed something about them. I used to put 15+ pellets in my tank and a day or two later there'd still be a few of them--still in pellet form--lying at the bottom of my tank. Well the new pellets fall apart in less than 10-15 minutes now.

So the warning I have is this; If you get some hbh algae wafers, don't put a ton in, or you'll end up like me with UBER murky water.

For a minute there, I'd assumed one of my fish got sick and threw up nastiness all over the place--but it was soon apparent all my fish are seemingly alright.

What's HBH?