FEI FENG

CHILLI RED

What is a fair price to pay for a Fei Feng in GTA? Also what size would be a good choice to put with a 6 inch asian arowana?

joshhoward

i remember i bought one at dragon for like 30 and it was about 4". now im not sure it was a true one or the other species.

EKen

Super Moderator
I got some 4-5'' over here in Montreal for around 40$ also. Last time I was in the GTA, 12inchers were about 140 to 200$.

CHILLI RED

With a 6 inch aro would you put a smaller fei feng or a larger one? I found 2 yesterday in GTA but they were about 12 inches and $150.

joshhoward

i would say try and put close to the same size. the fei feng wont be aggressive but it may scare the aro when feedeing and what not if its a lot bigger. i think 12" isnt too big of deal for a 6" aro

EKen

Super Moderator
I would also try to match the aro size, for esthetic reason. I think that it looks a little bit weird when a "phoenix" is bigger than the "dragon". But you also have to consider that FF grows slower than most aros...

Personally I think that 150$ is pretty good price for a 12'', you can't find any that size over here in Montreal.

joshhoward

i agree with eken...i saw a similar size one at DA but i believe it was in the 250 region.(this was months ago) so 150 is a good price for them, and if you take both im sure they'll give you a deal. but then it'd really look weird with 2 big fengs and a little aro.

MananaP

too bad i can't find any here in vancouver...been looking for one for the past 2 weeks been to all LFS but none of them have any... some said it's seassonal and wont come till 3 to 4 months from now... so i just grab a motoro ray to compensate for a flagtail... :(

CHILLI RED

yes this is what I was told in Toronto also. Seasonal fish and will be available in a few months again.

MananaP

well i got one about 7 inch few days ago...i think his still a little bit scared and still avoids me/hiding...i hope i can train him to take food from my hand...