couple photos of my jumbo L25 scarlet before leaving...

charles

I was lucky enough to purchase a 15" show quality super red scarlet. The fish came in with clipped dorsal and tail. As you can see, the dorsal was clipped. The fish next to the scarlet is actually a 5-6" L147 peckoltia. You can see how massive this scarlet is.

IMG_3537.gif

As of August 29, this jumbo pleco went home with another pleco fanatic who has a much bigger tank than me (300 gallon). I have to put a large bucket in my small 125 gallon tank to get the scarlet out. After that, I put the scarlet in a foam box. Bagging the fish is almost impossible. I just don't have the heavy gauge bags. Then I took a couple more pictures from the top down. And here is one of them.

Scarlet1.gif

There were no enchanced color button or anything. The color of the fish is just like that when you see it in person...

One thing I missed about this fish, it is very tamed. Many people have come and seen it wasn't scare of being touch, open the dorsal (show off how quickly it heals and the time it is leaving to a better and bigger home, almost fully healed), and tail to show off the color and pattern. I can even move it around the tank. And it will take prawn right out from my hand. It is quite an amazing fish...

arl

Hey Charles, is the pic below that I got from a forum (they did not mantion the L#)also an L25? If it is, is it a bigger possibility that that your smaller L25's will look like this when bigger since they have a darker body?

img_5264.jpg

arl

Thanks for clarifying that Charles. For a minute there (when I saw the pics of smaller L25) I was thinking of switching back to the Xingu option. But after a few more reading/ research....yeah, I think I am good with that Scarlet :D

charles

the same... with panaque, you will find more little pieces of wood, but omnivore will have large chunk of poo...

charles

Hey Charles, is the pic below that I got from a forum (they did not mantion the L#)also an L25? If it is, is it a bigger possibility that that your smaller L25's will look like this when bigger since they have a darker body?

img_5264.jpg

Nevermind... pretty sure this is a L24...

arl

Those are nice looking pleco that you sent me Charles! Thanks! The mango and bruno are OK but the Scarlet is GORGEOUS! You're pic does'nt do those L25 justice Charles :D.

charles

I hope you like them. The mango I choose has thickest band with the extra tip on the tail. The L137 will take some time to settle to get the red back... And it will look nicer as it mature. It has a taller body shape than the other pleco.

I am glad you like the scarlet...