Greetings

xbackgolden

Hi guys, Nice to see so many Canadian Hobbyist here. I am Xbackgolden from Singapore and have been keeping arowana for 2 years now. I started out with one good old PG and now, I currently own a number of fish which are used for breeding at a local farm and a smaller number of juvenile fishes. As my name suggest, i am a big fan of the crossback golden and have been learning more about their breeding habits and coloration for the last few months. I also know a number of the local traders and farmers and can answer any queries that any of you might have about the industry. I am also a fan of Siamese Tigerfish and am hoping that one day, i will find a way to breed them.

Last edited:

Kenta

Administrator
Welcome!

Its awesome to have such a knowledgable person on board giving us an inside look from your end of the ocean!

homebrewed

Super Moderator
Great to have you :)

I also hope you succeed with breeding ST's

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with breeding them with hormone induction? I know this has worked with other hard to breed fish

xbackgolden

Great to have you :)

I also hope you succeed with breeding ST's

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with breeding them with hormone induction? I know this has worked with other hard to breed fish

unfortunately, unless there is sufficient commercial demand, not many people will explore such stuff.

homebrewed

Super Moderator
I'm suprised the demand in Asia isn't as great as I thought it would be. They are a spectacular oddball

xbackgolden

I'm suprised the demand in Asia isn't as great as I thought it would be. They are a spectacular oddball

Well, if its not a business like arowana worth millions of dollars. Its not worthwhile exploring. The reason why we are doing high tech research on the dragon fish is mainly for profit as the farms are trying to make the dragon fish yield more.