Silver aro comm

hustler

This is my new comm tank... I had a 20 inch RTG in here before but wanted to start from scratch with small tankemates and silvers and trade them out 1 by 1 as deals come around again.
6 silvers, 1 motoro, 2 red tail giant gourami, 4 redhhook silver dollars,2 paroon sharks and a pleco
Its a 180 gallon acrylic with dual 2 inch drain outlets, 90 gallon wet dry sump underneath.
029.jpg

030.jpg

bcarlos

I hope you plan on upgrading in the near future, because 6 silvers are going to out grow that 180 QUICK.

I'd recommend bringing the water down another inch. I've always found silvers to be particularly jumpy.

hondas3000

Nice setup. They will soon be a monster and eat like crazy :). Try wtt on them so you can have the platinum look on it.

EEYY

Is a good start to get comm. aro. tank experience. That's what I used to have.

When the silvers are getting larger, you might consider to take out the wood.

hustler

Thanks bro's This isnt my first rodeo :) Ive had many comms in the past this is just my present setup..... a year ago it was 4 panda golds and stingrays, And i know what you guys mean about the silvers..... I had 2 that were almost 34" in a 230 gallon back in the day with a 3 foot red tail cat..... water changes every other day.... Im sure the silvers will slowly dissapear as the asians pop up now and im waiting till the oilfield picks up a bit to build an 8-10 foot tank in the basement for my final comm :)