Special Project for 2010

chen88

Super Moderator
Feeding Vid currently ....this is the first time I too get to see them feed as most of the time I'm on top of the tank dropping the food in...I messed up the last 5-7mins as I didn't adjust my camera and thus the feeding of the rays was cut out so I shortly the video.

Typical regiment :
1. Switch off all pumps in tank except for sump.
2. Feed top down starting with Aros with MP's
3. Feed Mid level fish (Silver Dollars and Geos) with Cichlid gold sinking pellets
4. Feed bottom fish (Rays/RTC...and you can see SD's stealing some) with Massivore

5. Turn back on all pumps

6. Target feed all Rays with full size MPs and cut up starting with Largest male first and then to the other rays so that the male doesn't bother them during their feeding..

all takes approx. 15-20mins of feeding!....

Videos....

Last edited:

hondas3000

That is too much work Chen :). Let get them all on pellet hehehe. Since the aro still small so the tank look so big for them, water a bit cloudy though.

bcarlos

And I thought my feeding regimen was intense! It takes some serious skill/dedication to target feed that many rays in one tank, Chen.

chen88

Super Moderator
And I thought my feeding regimen was intense! It takes some serious skill/dedication to target feed that many rays in one tank, Chen.

It's only at the beginning until they all become heavy weights. After that they fend for themselves.

aro7

damn they are crazy aggressive during feeding!!!

looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great vids

peacockbass

wow....what a dream setup you have....any chance you would let a local member come and view your tank in person??.....my next house i will have to make sure i have enough room to get another big tank and get back into aros and doing a community tank setup....but for now i'll just admire the setups of some of our members here.....