my little RTG

aaronc

any opinions on how it will turn out? its around 6" or so so still very young.

Attachments

• SDC11155 smaller.jpg
    SDC11155 smaller.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 706
  • SDC11164 smaller.jpg
    SDC11164 smaller.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 678

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I've seen a lot of RTG's and yours is very nice. :) I particularly like the blue tinge above the eye and the amount of red in the fins. Nice deep body too. Looks like you have a Singaporean HBRTG (with some XB genes in it) as opposed to a classic "Mahato" RTG. Please keep us posted with photos.

Last edited:

aaronc

thanks cirrus, i was reluctant to get an arowana at first as i just finished setting up other tanks, but something about this one made me buy it on impulse. did you notice the dark band in the middle of the fish? is that normal? the reason why i ask is that i thought it was a bacterial infection but it appears on both sides as just as a stripe, is that colour development or an infection?

peacockbass

too hard to tell...fish is too small...once they get around 12''..then they really start to show their full potential....hard to tell from just the two pics...but eyes look good...its gonna have a nice spoon head.....

impalass

My rtg was a 6-7" ugly duckling 4yrs+ ago, dark gray, no colour, no shine, I did not even know what V.I.P. meant. Now I have a beautiful swan of an arowana.
Just get him on a variety of foods and he will not let you down.

aaronc

thanks guys, i really have to take some recent pics, the RTG is a lot thicker and the shape is going well. however since the move to a new tank, the RTG seems to be a little washed out. will update once i get the pics.

aaronc

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

so thats an old update, i can't seem to find a camera but will get more recent ones that one is dated sept 1/10. now the tank has changed and tanksmates added. hopefully the RTG would get darker in colour. oh forgot to say at the the time the RTG is around 10" so still very small.