Egg time anyone

Just like to share my 6 years old super red laying eggs.
Enjoy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 846

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Congratulations! Great news indeed, possibly historic for our hobby in Canada! :)

Let's see if we can get some of the farm owners from S'pore to give some insight? I can not remember how long the male incubates the eggs, nor at what point they are stripped. I wonder about the eggs that on the bottom of the tank. If they were fertilized, but not picked up by the male, could a bubble mixer keep them aerated enough to develop?

Congratulations! Great news indeed, possibly historic for our hobby in Canada! :)

Let's see if we can get some of the farm owners from S'pore to give some insight? I can not remember how long the male incubates the eggs, nor at what point they are stripped. I wonder about the eggs that on the bottom of the tank. If they were fertilized, but not picked up by the male, could a bubble mixer keep them aerated enough to develop?

Male already have the eggs in his mouth after few hours on the bottom of the tank and till this day it still in it mouth so I'm hoping that some fries come soon.
Spoke to Nick from DreamFish reason because this is the first and the male still seem young that why it didn't pick up the egg right away, he also advice me to take the egg out and incubate but I'm not there at the moment to do so, so let hope that it will hatch.

Last edited:

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
So all the eggs are in the male's mouth now? How many days have they been in his mouth?

Are you still feeding the female? I wonder if you should separate them?

I just emailed Nic at Dreamfish and have asked him to come on this thread to give advice.

chen88

Super Moderator
that's awesome!...that's the way to go just to have 2 aros once you think they've paired....I'm thinking mine has paired or is pairing but no eggs would last in my tank with the other aros around and 3 adult BD's on the bottom....best of luck..

that's awesome!...that's the way to go just to have 2 aros once you think they've paired....I'm thinking mine has paired or is pairing but no eggs would last in my tank with the other aros around and 3 adult BD's on the bottom....best of luck..

Hey Chen

I had 5 arow in a come tanks before 1-24k golden head 1 merlion harmony xback and 3 red, the 3 red team up and my 2 beautiful gold, after a while I notice that there is 2 male fight over the female, spent 3 hours a day at night to observe their behaviour, finally I got a pair, it not like what you see on youtube where they swim together, their behaviour was diff then what we see on youtube, but I knew for sure it was a pair, sure enough it lay egg. There is more then just pairing up and lay eggs, food, water temperature, water condition, how much light a day .........or simply I'm just pure lucky -:))))