Is he a Marble Moto?

Predation

Just picked this guy up. He was sold as a "Marble Stingray." Im wondering if this is a regular Moto or a Marble, and what the differences are?

Attachments

• Moto1.jpg
    Moto1.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 511

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Looks like a female to me, but would have to turn the ray over to see if it has claspers at the base of the tail to be sure. Only males have claspers. For young male rays the claspers can be pretty small but you can still see them. When the ray scales up and down the side of a tank is the best time to see them.

Predation

Definitely a male. I thought female when I bought him, but definitely male. Very small claspers. I can see through the bottom of my setup. He was in with another male who was obviously a male. I've heard marbles grow smaller? Especially males. Does this look like a marble variant?

Dis

How big is he and where did you get him? Some marbles have very distinct patterns, I'm not am expert so I don't want to lead you in the wrong direction. Hopefully as he matures the patterns will develop more

Predation

I got him at Markham Aquarium 2U. He's about 8 inches diameter. Either way I have tank space. Im just hoping he does stay a little on the small side, I have a 250 gallon. He's my first Moto and i don't want to have to get rid of him downy the line. I know they can get big.

Dis

He looks great congrats. How is the feeding going? Does he eat everything you throw in there?

Predation

He eats anything living that I throw in there! I'd like to get him eating pellets or prawn or something a little more nutritious though. Right now hes only taking feeders as his staple. Yesterday I gut loaded the fish with Hikari before I gave it to him. So it would have a little nutrition anyways. Should I avoid feeders and starve him until he eats better?