tank mates i have.

CORVETTE

its actually odd sized its 72"x24"x28 1/2" like a 210 gallon but i think it was custom biult for someone with black silicon and starfire glass. When th sold it to me they just sold it as a plain 200 gal for $600 bucks. Theys loading it noticed the glass but said it was to late to worry about it lucky eh! I want a 72"x 36"x24" for my next tank.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Wow, nice fish in your tank. High bioload for your rays (who like clean water). I'd guess you have to do frequent water changes?

protoxeno

I think any aro tank thats 422, 522 and so on its gonna be a bit customized though, because the standard is just 1.5 (18") wide instead of the 2 (24") wide. When I bought my tank at BA's (really expensive and I didn't know any better b4) thought was perfect for my aro since its a 4ft tank, didn't think that 18" matter that much. Well hopefully everyone would learn my lesson.

CORVETTE

ya i did for a while but i find everything just alittle more calm and there's 2 16" fire eels that live under there with 2 smaller datnoids. Oh and for the bio load 25% water changes 3-4 times a week. I also am running 2 Fx5's ,2 seio power heads, a uv sterilizer with pre filter and a fluidized bed filter from lifegaurd.

rulaifu

I did that when I started with my silver at the begining. Actually I did WC every day for my silver. But now..............

goldenchild

I think any aro tank thats 422, 522 and so on its gonna be a bit customized though, because the standard is just 1.5 (18") wide instead of the 2 (24") wide. When I bought my tank at BA's (really expensive and I didn't know any better b4) thought was perfect for my aro since its a 4ft tank, didn't think that 18" matter that much. Well hopefully everyone would learn my lesson.

I'm thinking of using an 8 foot tank that's about 24' deep.... is this satisfactory?

EKen

Super Moderator
Depth is not that important. Width should be at least 24" for the aro to be comfortable. But I think 24" width should be standard on a 8' tank.