D. Pulcher Prices

exoticaquaria

Seems like Singapore is really charging an arm and a leg for true widebar dats. Only one i know that is constantly bringing in widebar dats is Stones Aquarium in Singapore. As stated in the below thread, a real ST is going for around $3xxx + SGD now. WOW. Very expensive but seems to sell like hot cakes over there. I can't believe how high ST prices has become! I should have kept some from before. Sts seem to appreciate more than the price of GOLD! I rather invest in Sts than gold itself lol. I inquired about ordering sts from them before but its just so costly! with shipping, documentation, tax etc etc, by the time a large ST reaches vancouver, it could very well be in the 3.5k CDN $ mark!

Even CTs are over the 2k + mark USD for a single fish over at Kaiju Aquarium, Singapore. The market in singapore must be super hot for tigers! they are usually sold out upon arrival to LFS!

http://arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=490036

http://stonesaquarium.blogspot.ca/

Last edited:

Fishy

You can still dig for gold in Alaska, Berling Sea and Northern Canada. But you can't catch ST in the wild. :p

Hence the differences in price! ;)

chen88

Super Moderator
yeah.....I'm pretty sure the prices will fall like anything that goes up...must come down!. It's just a matter how long before they start coming down and how long one can wait. I remember when Red Aros were min. $2.5-4K easily...now you can get one for under 1K and that's with lots of restrictions ie. CITES. no different then BD's and P14's. Prices have decrease significantly which is awesome! everyone can have a piece of paradise! :)

if the ST that's in Stone's Aqua link is for $3.5 I'd get that!....at that size...hell yeah...I'd grab a few if you can get it...

exoticaquaria

yeah.....I'm pretty sure the prices will fall like anything that goes up...must come down!. It's just a matter how long before they start coming down and how long one can wait. I remember when Red Aros were min. $2.5-4K easily...now you can get one for under 1K and that's with lots of restrictions ie. CITES. no different then BD's and P14's. Prices have decrease significantly which is awesome! everyone can have a piece of paradise! :)

if the ST that's in Stone's Aqua link is for $3.5 I'd get that!....at that size...hell yeah...I'd grab a few if you can get it...

Chen,

If you want the ones from Stones, I can get them easy. They do guarantee live arrival! The hard part is marking price up and guaranteeing live arrival when I reship them back out. If not, I would have brought in a few STs already. There is next to no profit to import STs now a days. They are around but either 1) no one knows how to ship them to me, 2) they cost a lot of $$$ or 3) no DOA. Even the CT Widebars I brought in had no DOA on them. If any died, I would be a total loss.

Best bet since Stones offers live arrival, get Lucky to bring them in for you! Singapore straight to Toronto. Best chance of getting them in alive. If any DOA, stones will credit money towards next import but shipping, landing fee, tax, etc, exporter does not cover. Big gamble to bring in any large tigerish. I wish it was the good old days when one can purchase a Thai D pulcher for $50 lol. I miss those days!

chen88

Super Moderator
yeah..stone brought in like 10 large ST's early may and they were all gone the next day if they even made it into their tanks!. i'd love to grab a couple of these...just no time to figure out how....

Manila Red

Ive been to Stones aquarium myself Nov of last year, the husband and wife were a nice and friendly couple. From the shop they even drove me around to their flat where his personally collection of cts were shown to me. The shop had an St and i was even brought to their quarantine and storage place which was housed around 20mins drive away.

A real St has distinct features like unquestionable Stability plus that they are practically hand reared and could be caught using bare hands. If you compare the color, the CT is more to the yellowish gold side and that is a far cry from the St. On that day the St was going for 2k sgd and Ct around 1.6k sgd, that was just about 6 mos ago....cheers