New fish food coming soon?

mitchb

I guess it is similiar to a compost bin filled with nightcrawlers or red wigglers, but on a massive scale.

Only thing that would be an issue would be the base of what the leftover food is. If everyone says mcdonalds is full of terrible things and the maggots just eat big mac all day would it in turn be passed on through the food chain resulting in possible issues to the fish eating these maggots?

JLee

I guess it is similiar to a compost bin filled with nightcrawlers or red wigglers, but on a massive scale.

Only thing that would be an issue would be the base of what the leftover food is. If everyone says mcdonalds is full of terrible things and the maggots just eat big mac all day would it in turn be passed on through the food chain resulting in possible issues to the fish eating these maggots?

I often ask myself the same question when I am eating catfish at a restaurant. "If this fish is a bottom feeder that eats crap in the wild, how good is the quality of its protein?"

No idea but I'm usually pretty content after the meal.

kimrocks

Those places that have locust infestations on a massive scale that plague their crops should just build a huge Shop Vac like portable warehouse - that sucks, dries and package them en masse.

MEDHBSI

good idea

Those places that have locust infestations on a massive scale that plague their crops should just build a huge Shop Vac like portable warehouse - that sucks, dries and package them en masse.

Thats actually a really good idea!